• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Basic Abilities Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello guys I need some help with a few things in the WE. First are there some not so complicated (as in not complex triggers) ways to do these stuff:

- Holy Light and Death Coil. How do I change them to damage enemy units and heal friendly units regardless of the target being undead or living without the damage being halved if used on an enemy?

- How to make the default abilities like Storm Bolt and War Stomp go thru spell immunity?

- How do I disable a Way Gate when a certain unit is killed?

- I made a custom unit based on the default Troll Headhunter and I set the custom upgrades to already have researched the Berserker upgrade. I removed the Berserker upgrade from the used upgrades of my custom unit but somehow my custom unit still not appears in the Barracks. Why is this?

- How to rearrange custom units in object editor? My problem is that to me it feels messy. I have created a custom human unit and a custom orc race and I changed the custom human unit to be in the orc race. The unit then appears above my custom peon unit and it kinda confuses me so how do I move this unit below the peon?

- How to create a graveyard on the map? I want to put a lot of corpses of different units on a certain area of the map so how do I do this?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for helping a newbie out.

Level 9
- Holy Light and Death Coil. How do I change them to damage enemy units and heal friendly units regardless of the target being undead or living without the damage being halved if used on an enemy?

I believe this is hard-coded and cannot be changed.

- How to make the default abilities like Storm Bolt and War Stomp go thru spell immunity?

[General] - Bash not working on spell immune units?

- How do I disable a Way Gate when a certain unit is killed?

Do a trigger something like this:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
    • (Triggering unit) Equal to [Your unit]
  • Actions
    • Neutral Building - Disable [Your Way Gate]
- I made a custom unit based on the default Troll Headhunter and I set the custom upgrades to already have researched the Berserker upgrade. I removed the Berserker upgrade from the used upgrades of my custom unit but somehow my custom unit still not appears in the Barracks. Why is this?

What's the point of setting the upgrade already researched, if you just remove it from the unit anyway? And the units that appear on the Barracks are chosen in the Object Editor under the Barracks unit and Techtree - Units Trained.

tempsnip.png

- How to rearrange custom units in object editor? My problem is that to me it feels messy. I have created a custom human unit and a custom orc race and I changed the custom human unit to be in the orc race. The unit then appears above my custom peon unit and it kinda confuses me so how do I move this unit below the peon?

As far as a I know, there is no way to rearrange them. Like you have done, the farthest we can go is to assign the unit's race and that way sort units under different folders. But for the logic behind to which order the units are sorted inside the folder is unknown to me.

- How to create a graveyard on the map? I want to put a lot of corpses of different units on a certain area of the map so how do I do this?

There is a doodad under Props category that has a pile of corpses named Remains Scorched. If you want individual corpses, you'll probably have to use the trigger function:

• Unit - Create Permanent Corpse

Level 20
In the View menu you have an option to sort items (units, abilities, etc) by name, that's about it. What you can do is give them names like "01 - Footman" "02 - Rifleman" etc.; problem is that it will appear in game, but you can just use it during the map development and them rename them all right at the end.

Level 12
You can't use the regular Holy Light or Death Coil abilities for this, but what you could do is to make them deal 0 damage (and heal 0) and just trigger the amount of healing/damage instead.

It's very easy with Holy Light, but it's harder with Death Coil since there's a projectile.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Light
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Target unit of ability being cast) belongs to an ally of (Triggering player)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + (200.00 x (Real((Level of Holy Light for (Triggering unit))))))
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (200.00 x (Real((Level of Holy Light for (Triggering unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic

Level 4
@Sabe I set the upgrade to already researched because I just enjoy possessing enemy workers. That way I dont have to spend resources on the upgrade. Also the problem I have is even tho I put the unit in the units trained field, it still doesnt show in the barracks in game.

How do I make the damage go thru spell immunity as well instead of just secondary effects like stun or slow?

Thanks for the help guys

Level 9
I set the upgrade to already researched because I just enjoy possessing enemy workers. That way I dont have to spend resources on the upgrade. Also the problem I have is even tho I put the unit in the units trained field, it still doesnt show in the barracks in game.

Hmm, I don't quite understand your problem... The unit should just show up, if you put it on the Units Trained field. What method did you use to set the upgrade already being upgraded?

How do I make the damage go thru spell immunity as well instead of just secondary effects like stun or slow?

Well, basically all you need to do is set the ability's Stats - Required Level higher than 1. This way the ability will be considered as "Ultimate" so it will ignore spell immunity. And this works even on unit abilities.

1) You just have to temporarily make the ability a hero ability by setting Stats - Hero Ability to true,

2) then you can set the required level higher than 1.

3) And then you can revert it back to being unit ability by setting Stats - Hero Ability back to false.

If it should be a hero ability, then I guess you are stuck with it requiring at least hero level 2. I don't know if there is a way past this.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hmm, I don't quite understand your problem... The unit should just show up, if you put it on the Units Trained field. What method did you use to set the upgrade already being upgraded?

Well, basically all you need to do is set the ability's Stats - Required Level higher than 1. This way the ability will be considered as "Ultimate" so it will ignore spell immunity. And this works even on unit abilities.

1) You just have to temporarily make the ability a hero ability by setting Stats - Hero Ability to true,

2) then you can set the required level higher than 1.

3) And then you can revert it back to being unit ability by setting Stats - Hero Ability back to false.

If it should be a hero ability, then I guess you are stuck with it requiring at least hero level 2. I don't know if there is a way past this.

Well here is how I did it. I created a custom unit with the Troll Headhunter as the base unit. I then removed the Berserker upgrade from the used upgrades field and removed all abilities except unit inverntory. After that I set the unit upgrades of the orc race to be already researched. The unit was already in my building units trained field but in game the unit does not appear in game.

I did this but only the secondary effects went thru spell immunity and not the damage. Is there a way to make the damage go thru spell immunity as well?

Level 9
Well here is how I did it. I created a custom unit with the Troll Headhunter as the base unit. I then removed the Berserker upgrade from the used upgrades field and removed all abilities except unit inverntory. After that I set the unit upgrades of the orc race to be already researched. The unit was already in my building units trained field but in game the unit does not appear in game.

Uh, sorry, but I still quite don't understand... :D What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Status
Not open for further replies.