1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[General] Bash not working on spell immune units?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Bond009, May 22, 2019.

1. Bond009

Bond009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have bash on a tower and it works fine and bashes all units but when they are spell immune or turn into avatar the bash no longer works. why could that be?

2. maddeem

maddeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Because bash is a spell :ogre_hurrhurr:

3. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You could remove the spell immunity from the immune unit when they get attacked and then add it back when they finish? You may need a DDS for that I think.

Edit : Ok, I found a way. Here's what you should do :

1 - You need to base the bash ability as a Hero Ability.
    2 - Change Stats - Required Level to 2.
    3 - Set Stats - Hero Ability = False.
    4 - Add this ability to your Tower.
    5 - Now set back Stats - Hero Ability = True.
    6 - Done.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  4. Sabe

Sabe

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well, if you are using DDS anyway, you might as well just trigger the whole stun effect. I.e. every time a unit with Bash attacks, run a random number and if it passes, create a dummy unit to cast Storm Bolt with 0 damage on the target.

Also,

what exactly is this supposed to achieve? This makes the spell not act as a spell?

5. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Marks the spell an 'ultimate', which ignore spell immunity (but damage cannot be dealt from what I can discern for active spells). See Finger of Death (Archimonde) for the idea.

6. Bond009

Bond009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    why is #2 needed whats required lvl 2 do for it to work? did you test it not doing that and it didnt work the same?

Also some more info:
    The thing is this Bash is passive its not really a "magic spell" if i put this Bash unit ability on a melee unit it will work no problem, it will bash units regardless if they are immune to magic or not. But when i put it on a ranged tower it no longer works like this, then it only bashes when the unit isnt spell immune. Makes no sense, why just because its ranged does it not affect magic immune avatar etc?

7. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Might have to do with the attack mechanics. For example test out a melee tower, or a tower without a projectile (instant hit like rifleman).

8. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yep, I did test it and it works like a charm. I've attached a test map below. The reason why I set Required Level 2 is make the spell an ultimate.

Attached Files:

9. Bond009

Bond009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thanks everyone Warseekers method did work. Not sure why making it required lvl 2 makes it act as an ulti but that does the trick. :) thanks.

10. Hermit

Hermit

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Probably because that field is only used in ultimates (normally set to 6).

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  11. Bond009

Bond009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yeah pretty solid logic.