• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Barrier and Text Questiong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barrier question:
i wanna make a barrier that will dissapate after certain ... condition is achieved (like hero have # of certain unique item etc)
i remember doing the frozen throne ork campaign ... i remembered the barrier look like uhm... short fire (but its a straight line... or something like that) the fire is red on the top and blue on the bottom (or the other way around)
can some1 tell me how to get that thing plz

Text question:
in the start of my map, i wanna make the whole screen go white (or black) and in the center of the screen says in big bold letters "act I" then the white screen dissapates. can some1 tell me how to do that?
thx

PS im not sure if teh text thing belong to the cinmatic section ... apologize b4 hand =)

Level 17
Doodad palette / trees and destructibles : force wall. Are you talking about this?

Go white: You'll need to import a picture for that. I suppose you have no idea how to do that, so it would take too much time and too much diskspace (few KBs).
Go Black: turn on cinematic mode. Pan the camera to the edge of the screen (to the black boundary).
Create Floating Text at Point - Creates Floating Text at a point with a Message, Color, size, and Z Offset.

I believe you also have to use this:
Enable/Disable Boundary Tinting - This will tint the boundary if enabled
Since if my memory serves me well, boundary tinting is not enabled in cinematic mode by default.

Level 17
Doodad palette / trees and destructibles : force wall. Are you talking about this?

Go white: You'll need to import a picture for that. I suppose you have no idea how to do that, so it would take too much time and too much diskspace (few KBs).
Go Black: turn on cinematic mode. Pan the camera to the edge of the screen (to the black boundary).
Create Floating Text at Point - Creates Floating Text at a point with a Message, Color, size, and Z Offset.

I believe you also have to use this:
Enable/Disable Boundary Tinting - This will tint the boundary if enabled
Since if my memory serves me well, boundary tinting is not enabled in cinematic mode by default.
Ah yes, i used trees in my map but could easily be changed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.