• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Barren Canyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
So, this will be my third terrain, tried to make this desert/mountain feel over it, with this geyser in the middle.

Attachments

• Rocky Mountian Final.jpg
    Rocky Mountian Final.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Level 6
it screams for fog, not the ground fog thingy. And the black shadow in the right is ugly. Nice try though, like the use of blizzard cliffs. Also why the hell is there a sun? it's night right?! And try to cover up the back a little more nicer

Level 15
Yeah, the sky doesn't match. I like it, it gives me a sort of futuristic picture of a battle between the Zerg, Protoss, and Terran.

Level 36
haha, right, so the night thingie i did notice right now xD Its suppost to be day, ill fix that later, and there is fog, but maybe it should be stronger? As you dont see much of it except the background, and ill cover up the black part, as soon as i get some time, i will fix all the issues.

Oh, and whats wrong with the sky? Considering its suppost to be day, its a fine suny day, anything wrong with that? :p And, please, if you dont see any else issues than the ones mentioned, then dont post untill i get it updated.

Update: Added a new pic, hope its better :)

Last edited:
Level 15
Er... double post? Yeah, it looks MUCH better with a different sky, but I still get that alien "feel" I was talking about earlier.

Level 36
What i ment, Nerzhul, was if it was a bad thing that it looked Starcraftish :p Since you mentioned "but I still get that alien "feel" I was talking about earlier."

Sounds like something bad in the way you said it, but i suppose its a good thing? right?

Status
Not open for further replies.