• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Banners of a Broken Empire OS

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Banners of a Broken Empire (BoaBE) is an altered melee map in part came from the idea of Callex’s Solar Conquest map. 9 players each have their own planet, and must unify their planet through military strategy. You start off in an ancient era and work your way to the space age.

Each planet has different challenges and terrain. Each planet is also equipped with a portal which you can use to reach other planets and asteroids. The ultimate goal of the game is to conquer the galactic sector.
This BoaBE is geared towards long games from 1 to 3 hours.

BoaBE was created by a team of people…
Mankill3r
RebelBandit
Hart4281

Model Credits go to Max666, Kofi Banan, Killst4r, syc, and martinisj.

NEW: This map is now open source for anyone who wants to modify it.

This is still an early version so expect more models, modes, and features. As well as a few bugs now and then, please tell me if you find any.

Keywords:
Conquest, Ancient, Medieval, Industrial, Modern, Space, Time, Tech, Planets, Altered Melee, Empire, Builder, Diplomacy, RTS, Open, Source
Contents

Banners of a Broken Empire OS (Map)

Reviews
02:19, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 2
Hey this is a really good map. I really like it and I hope you continue to keep up the good work. I have the OS version, so I'm assuming that is the latest. I was playing with a friend when it crashed. It also crashed while testing it by myself. Both times it crashed was when I placed a building. By myself I don't remember the building, but with my friend I was building a house from the industrial age. (I think) After reading through the comments I came upon the mentioning that it might be because of the pathing. I did build several towers in places that you normally wouldn't be able to build them and it worked. So I'm not sure what the problem really is, but I'll try again and only place buildings on buildable areas. Hopefully that will work.

Again, it's a good map.

Level 2
O.K. I just finished trying it again. I used cheats and quickly advanced through the ages. I only built on normally buildable ground. It crashed again unfortunately. This time it was when I was in the process of building a compound. It would appear that each time it crashes is when I'm building a house-ish building. I made sure it was on buildable ground. I had finished nearly all research and was about to enter space so when it crashed I was a bit dissapointed :(

I hope you can find out what the problem is and fix it, or someone else can, as this is open source. I just hope it gets fixed. Other than that it is a really good map that I could play many times over. Thanks for your hard work!

Level 3
Awsome. So I think im 90% sure what the problom was:grin:. I had made a trigger so that when you make a house it changes apperance (cookie cutter houses are anoying) and it never worked, but I guess I left it in as a trigger.
A lot of people are talking about the Industrial age and thats where makeing houses kind of doubles. So even if there is a low chance that crash will ocure on house makeing, there are still a lot of houses to be made.

BTW: Summer vacation is comeing up and I have a renewed intrest (not the team) in getting back to work on this map. I still welcome people to modify it how thay wish, so the map stats open source.

Edit: Im working on changeing the planet cam from the arrow keys to other keys, (a lot of people prefer movement with arrowkeys).

Last edited:
Level 1
Stacking

Thanks. Very fun map. But I realized that several buildings can be built on top of each other. This means theres no need to expand. Ever. Was that implimented on purpose?

Level 2
Well. Work on it a little each week.

Mainly, I suggest adding some sort of AI for opponent players. And definitely a more intricate space age. To me it seems like you got a little lazy near the end. Your early stages were much more fun.

I'd also like so see a 'wall' building. I ended up building a bunch of connected Tower Foundations to keep intruders out.

In any case, great map in the beginning. Though the food limit bugs me a little. (Food/supply limits always bug me. Lol.) -- I'd like to see a few more updates, even if they don't change too much.