• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Balrog of Moria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Greetings!

Just messed around in the World Editor in an old modding project of mine. I have been thinking about reviving it... Featuring @Sellenisko's Balrog Of Moria, Balrog texture work by @GhostThruster

needgandalf.jpg

balrog2.jpg

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I think it is true. But not ideally)
+ this model is wc3 style, not realistic. Gandalf is fat, not tall XD
"...a figure strongly built and with broad shoulder, though shorter than the average of men and now stooped with age, leaning on a thick rough-cut staff as he trudged along... Gandalf's hat was wide-brimmed [...] with a pointed conical crown, and it was blue; he wore a long grey cloak, but this would not reach much below his knees. It was of an elven silver-grey hue, though tarnished by wear - as is evident from the general use of grey in the book... But his colours were always white, silver-grey, and blue - except for the boots he wore when walking in the wild...Gandalf even bent must have been at least 5 ft. 6... Which would make him a short man even in modern England, especially with the reduction of a bent back."
~J. R. R. Tolkien.

And about Saruman (the actual tall wizard):
In appearance, Saruman was as an old man with black hair. At the end of the Third Age, his hair and beard had turned mostly white — he had only black hairs about his lips and ears. He was tall, his face was long, and his eyes were deep and dark. He would appear in a white cloak, a habit he later changed into a cloak that changed colours as he moved.

Tolkien Gateway

Level 7
"...a figure strongly built and with broad shoulder, though shorter than the average of men and now stooped with age, leaning on a thick rough-cut staff as he trudged along... Gandalf's hat was wide-brimmed [...] with a pointed conical crown, and it was blue; he wore a long grey cloak, but this would not reach much below his knees. It was of an elven silver-grey hue, though tarnished by wear - as is evident from the general use of grey in the book... But his colours were always white, silver-grey, and blue - except for the boots he wore when walking in the wild...Gandalf even bent must have been at least 5 ft. 6... Which would make him a short man even in modern England, especially with the reduction of a bent back."
Tolkien Gateway
Oh realy. I should read the book again

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Those @konvan5 showed in that screenshot does not fit into Warcraft 3 or this map. Some of them looks ripped from another game.
Do you consider the one uploaded here by radagast to be not decent enough?
For this project, yes. It does not match the map at all. It's rather poor quality compared to the rest of the models and textures.
By the way, @GhostThruster made the texture for the Balrog model shown above <3.

I would need a new model of Gandalf, that fits this map ;)

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
I don't want to use any of those Gandalf models. They don't fit the rest of the playable models I use, plus most of those lack animations, are ripped or lack attachment points. I guess I have to wait for some kind soul to make a new Gandalf model @GhostThruster @HerrDave <3

Also. Found some sound effects for this guy.

cavetroll.jpg

Level 65

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Hey Archian, if you're still searching for Gandalf model then I have them ripped from BFME 1 (both White and Gray). They are an excellent match for your map.
Always loved the BFME Gandalf model. His attack and spell animations are effing cool. If someone takes up that job (@HerrDave, @GhostThruster?), know this is an excellent source of ideas^^

Status
Not open for further replies.