• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Balance Wars > Frenzy

Rate This Map (After Playing it at Least Thrice)

• Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Good

• Good

• Decent

• Bad

• I Do Not Like Army-Orientated Footmen Wars-like Maps

• I Do Not Like Footmen Wars-like Maps

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Balance Wars Beta F has now been released. Go to www.angelfire.com/empire2/terranup16 for the link to dl the map.

Description: Balance Wars is an army-orientated footmen wars map. Players select 1/16 "duos". Each duo is a group of two units that spawn periodically. These units make up your army. You can even choose the Random Race, which spawns 1/32 of the regular units randomly. Races are balanced mainly by strength of unit and spawn time of unit (as there are duos like the Militia, who spawn quickly, or the Demons, who spawn very slowly). All 16 duos are pretty diverse, with some being all melee, some all ranged, and other with a mixture of ranged and melee. There are even duos such as the Necromancers and Banshees. This duo is very special. The Banshees posses enemy units, while the Necromancers raise their dead. This duo relies on raising the dead and stealing enemy units to build their army. They also have a special upgrade for their skeletons. All races have access to 1/4 upgrades: Attack, Defense, Special, and Hero. There are over 50 heroes in the game. There are, of course, the normal complement of WCIII heroes, but there are also an extraordinary amount of custom heroes. Custom heroes utilize custom spells (variations of my Nuclear Blast and Lightning Blast spells are in use, as well as a few other triggered spells I made but did not release), and are generally more specialized in their roles. Heroes are not one-man-armies. They are support, and only support. They can turn the tide of battles, but can't fight the battle alone. Heroes take Attack, Defense, and Hero upgrades. They also take the special upgrade if they are of the same raceas the duo the player is using. There are also numerous items to help your heroes out. Units, such as Priests, can also be bought to aide your war effort. The map features massive amounts of depth, as positioning during the battles matters when you have two types of units. If you send your Riflemen, and then your Footmen, your Riflemen will surely get massacred. There are also numerous ways to make the Riflemen vulnerable to attack, for example. This is just a small tidbit of the full depth of the map.

I strongly urge anyone who likes footmen wars-like games, and especially those who are fed up with Frenzy's balance, to try this map.

Status
Not open for further replies.