• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Backup problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
So my windows decided it was time for giving me a new issue: "the new backup can not be saved due to low HDD space". Apparently the new backup is over 100 GB while the old ones were around 10 GB.

Problem.jpg

(my HDD got a total of 1TB, 500GB*2)

I do not know much about this topic as I still have not got used to to W7.
Also between the last and the current backup I have installed two larger games and I moved my external HD's movies over to my computer. Maybe that got something to do with this?

Its a problem for me to have such large backups, is there some settings that needs to be changed? Or is it possible to clear some more space from Data (D:) or should I simply delete the new back up?
(If you feel like filling in on my limited knowledge on this then please do)

Level 11
I've never used Windows' backup "services"; I prefer to manually copy and paste everything I need on an external HDD. Maybe Windows saves everything in your hard disk, including the "Program Files" folder.

Level 11
Well I usually keep a copy of important work on external HDD like school work on my email, movies on my portable HDD and music on my phone.

Do you think I should turn it off? or maybe restrict it to only make copies of specific files?

Level 3
Backup is rarely necessary, there's no need to mass backup something like C:/, just Backup your important files to a external HDD, Simple don't use Windows backup and just copy paste important files to your external HDD. If you want to save things like Campaign in games look for the Data file.

Also, your Swedish xD

Level 11
Backup is rarely necessary, there's no need to mass backup something like C:/, just Backup your important files to a external HDD, Simple don't use Windows backup and just copy paste important files to your external HDD. If you want to save things like Campaign in games look for the Data file.

Also, your Swedish xD

I'm gonna stop using this service as I mostly do a backup copy for most of my stuff.

Also I got a bit confused as I thought this made backups for important windows files as the translations today are sometimes completely worthless.
"Security Copy" I guess it can make sense but its still a bad word to replace "backup" with as we usually just say backup here. x)

Status
Not open for further replies.