• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Backstab GUI Trigger help request (not complicated), pls fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Good [time of day], good lads, need help with this Backstabbing trigger (explain below)
1675673197498.png

Explain - as you can see i copied and paste trigger of this fellow user How to detect backstab?, but it WORKS, but works not properly.
This action happens if Unit is ATTACKING not HITTING, I mean, I can just abuse the stop attack command like in Dota 2 where you can stop attack so you can kill the creep and take the gold, ok.
Any suggestions? I will commend.

Level 13
And

what if don't use it?
Using a Damage Detection System is the only solution. Personally, I use Physical Damage Detection Engine GUI v 1.3.0.0 by looking_for_help.

You can check how I implemented it in my altered melee map.

Level 39
The simplest possible solution uses the new event recently added to the World Editor:
  • Events
    • Unit - Any unit takes damage
This will not be able to differentiate between damage caused by an attack, an ability, or through code ("cause <unit> to damage <unit>..."). So casting Storm Bolt on a unit facing away would cause the backstab damage. This event is where the "Damage Taken" event response you're using in your trigger comes from.

Level 39
There is without a doub zero reason to be on any patch before 1.24b when the handle return bug was fixed. In my opinion there's also zero reason to be on any patch before 1.30, but the ones after that (Reforged era) are a little wonky because Blizzard gives zero fucks about Reforged and the stuff they broke with those updates so skipping them could be tactical if the bugs would interfere with what you want to achieve.

You are massively limiting the resources you can use by persisting using extremely old patches, and I highly recommend you update your game. You do not need to own Reforged to update your installation.

Level 4
For 1.35 Reforged World Editor, you can use "Generic unit events" to trigger "a unit receives damage" (I don't know what specific name of that option in English) events. And in "Conditions", you can choose "boolean comparison" such as "damage from normal attack = true" to get your normal attack event.

Status
Not open for further replies.