• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Windwalk dummy spell problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello to anyone reading this, and please help. I need an answer soon because I am leaving to go out of state in a few days.
I want to make it so when you use the backstab function of windwalk it shows a message to the target of the backstab saying something like, "You have been assassinated by (Name of player using windwalk)!".
I guess my problem is that all the event presets have to do with when you cast windwalk, not when you cast it and then backstab someone. And I can't use most simple variables because if I add the casting unit to a unit group and then add a trigger so when someone in the unit group attacks it will run the trigger, because it has leaked from having too many units do this at once.
It seems like a simple problem but I cannot figure it out. And if I didn't explain so well, just ask me to explain it again.

Level 10
a unit starts ability, ability is wind walk, set windwalkunit = triggering unit then

if a unit is attacked, and attacking unit = windwalkunit, then set windwalkunit = no unit and display the game message. Problem is you gotta track usage of all spells the unit uses and use booleans, setting them to false or true so that the game message isnt displayed whenever the a unit is attacked by spells, but by only the wind walk attack.

Level 7
hmmm try this unit is attacked, condition attacking unit has buff (windwalk)
actions display text: your text

hope it helped :) just tell me if the text is also your problem.

Level 13
to bad unit is attacked event is not good to use for this because it triggers when unit goes in its attack animation. for example the player stops the unit in its attacking before it hits the target the message will still be displayed even the the unit wasn't backstabed. so you'll need a unit gets damaged event.

Status
Not open for further replies.