• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Backfacing Problem (Possibly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I just decided to try modeling just for fun.
I just came up with a simple concept(drew the picture in paint... lol) and tried to work with it.

Right now, my simple model is almost complete. (-skin, -animation)

I have couple of questions:

1. If you see the attachments, help1 file, when the view is in flat shaded, smooth shaded, or textured, couple of triangles only show. (Maybe this has something to do with backfacing? But I have no clue how to fix it.) help2 file is when the model is in wireframe view.

2. Which program do you recommend for skinning? And also, any useful tutorials on it?

3. How do I make the model file into something compatible with WC3 editor?

*I am currently using MilkShape 3D 1.8.4.

Attachments

• help1.JPG
    help1.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 129
  • help2.JPG
    help2.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 133
Level 15
Milkshape does indeed have a feature for applying textures (and it's fairly simple. If my PC that has MS3D on it wasn't down, I'd give you a quick rundown on it). You should be able to figure it out on your own though.

MS3D also has a feature that fixes backfaces for you, but due once again to not having access to MS3D, I don't know where it is.

And last of all, if you want to just model Wc3 models, I recommend [http://www.oinkerwinkle.com]Oinkerwinkle's Modelling Tools[/url], made just for Wc3 modelling

Level 1
Backfaces are completely black in flat shaded view.
This one lacks faces (triangles)... Take a hard look, these aren't faces, they're gaps and you can fill them up using the face tool.
EDIT: sorry for this kinda late answer, I never saw this thread before.

Thanks! I'm new to modeling so I didn't know but thank you for your insight!

Status
Not open for further replies.