• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Altered Melee] Azeroth's Battleground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Azeroth's Battleground [CANCELED]

Azzeroth's Battleground

This will be an altered melee map which will add more races to the game.
(how original)

Searching for someone to make the terrain!!!

At the moment I need help with the maps terrain. I am very bad at making terrains so It would be great if someone could help. Whoever wants to help me will be considered a second author of the map. The terrain doesn't need to be fancy or anything. I will even accept basic layout for the goldmines, shops and trees.

Progression so far:

Forest Troll race: 100% done!!!

Nerubian race: 10% done

Other races will be specified after the first two races are done!!!

Terrain: 20% done. (Started doing a terrain so I can test the map on it)

Triggers: 100% done!
Races:
j6tp92.png

Basic long-ranged attacker. Can learn the Blood Thirst upgrade. Attacks land and air units.
iw6khj.png

Brutish Forest Troll warrior. Can learn the Sword Throwing upgrade. Attacks land units.
169lrw2.png

Powerful mounted warrior. Can learn the Raptor Muscles upgrade. Attacks land units.

2q2qxp3.png

Long-range siege weaponry. Effective against buildings but slow and vulnerable. Attacks land units and trees.
rr2moi.png

Mighty siege attacker. Effective against buildings but slow. Can learn the Brute Strength and Giant Armor upgrades. Attacks land units.

35lc9x4.png

Supporting spellcaster. Can initially cast Heal, which increases the life of wounded units. Can also learn Abolish Magic and Shadow Fiend. Attacks land and air units.
2ldyhz9.png

Primary spellcaster. Can initially cast Totem of Fire, which attacks nearby enemy units. Can also learn Totem of Life and Lightning Shield. Attacks land and air units.

vy5ldf.png

Tiny ranged flying unit. Can learn the Thick Skin ability. Attacks land and air units.
nq8rvp.png

Flying heavy assault creature. Can learn the Lava Bomb ability. Attacks land and air units.

sxlpx2.png

Last edited:
Level 11
At start I was thinking to put Forest Trolls & Ogres in one race but then I decided not to do it. I left the ogre there because I needed at least 2 siege units, one mechanical and one not. Should I change it and make a tanky melee Dire Troll with siege attacks?

Edit: Should Nerubian buildings spread blight or be build on it?

Last edited:
Level 19
At start I was thinking to put Forest Trolls & Ogres in one race but then I decided not to do it. I left the ogre there because I needed at least 2 siege units, one mechanical and one not. Should I change it and make a tanky melee Dire Troll with siege attacks?

Edit: Should Nerubian buildings spread blight or be build on it?

A dire troll should do.

Nerubian shouldn't spread built or be build on it. They are not undead.

Level 9
This is what i suggest

-(Dragon and Drake)change one of them to a Green Dragon, perhaps the Drake
-Change shaman to weaponmaster, fits more as is it is with spears

Anyways everything is fine

Level 11
This is what i suggest

-(Dragon and Drake)change one of them to a Green Dragon, perhaps the Drake
-Change shaman to weaponmaster, fits more as is it is with spears

Anyways everything is fine

Okay thanks, shaman is with spears because I could not find a good model, I will probably change it later on. Btw guys the project will be paused for a week due to personal stuffs. I will resume on doing it somewhere 10th of september.

Level 12
Okay thanks, shaman is with spears because I could not find a good model, I will probably change it later on. Btw guys the project will be paused for a week due to personal stuffs. I will resume on doing it somewhere 10th of september.
Take your time man !

Level 9
Suggestions for Shaman...

This- Voodoo Priestess

Offensive spellcaster, can initially cast Curse, whih gives enemy units a chance to miss in attacks. Can gain the Dark Gaze(A better faerie fire) and Voodoo Trap(base it off Voodoo Trap(i think))

This - Hawk Follower

Supportive spellcaster, can cast Hawk Swift(Frenzy with only movespeed increase), which increases the movespeed of a friendly unit, can also cast Strength of the Dragonhawk(Roar, damage increase only) and Wisdom of the Owl( refills nearby friendly units' mana).

Status
Not open for further replies.