1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Azeroth ORPG - Ashenvale

Submitted by darth_vader88
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
There are 2 teams, Alliance and Horde.
Choose if you want to play Alliance or Horde in game menu.

Hero Races:
Maximum hero level is 30.
Alliance: Human, Dwarf, Night Elf, Gnome and Draenei.
Horde: Orc, Troll, Blood Elf, Undead and Tauren.

Hero Upgrade and "secret" heroes:
Ysondre, the last boss in Cavern of Dreams have 15% chance of dropping a epic hero upgrade for your character on death.
If a orc enter the dungeon, the boss have a chance to drop a orc upgrade. If a human enters the boss can drop the human upgrade and so on.
The boss can drop multiple character upgrades in one game. If the "upgrade" item drop make sure you put all your items on the ground before pick up.
When the upgrade hero item is picked up your hero will be removed and a new will be created in your town. The hero will start at level 1.
The hero will have its name in purple instead of blue and will have +10 increase in all stats. There are also some "secret" heroes implanted in the game.
They are extremely rare and the only difference is the race. Example on unlockable/hidden/secret races are: Worgen, Furbolg, Pandaren +++

Player VS Player:
World pvp is enabled so if you meet your opposite team in Ashenvale you are free to attack.
There is a ongoing battle between the horde town and the alliance town (dota style).
And from time to time battle events happen and larger armies spawn.
There is a pvp arena were you can fight if opposite faction players are in same arena.
You can also "call pvp battle" every 5 minutes, by doing that all players will be summoned to the pvp arena. You gain 2 honor points for pvp kill.

Spells:
All spells from warcraft 3 is included in this map. And lots of additional custom made spells are included.
You can buy pre-set spell books or choose your own spells 100% of own choice by using one and one spell scroll.
You can upgrade a level 1 spell scroll to a level 2 spell using a spell stone. But you cannot upgrade a spell that is already learned.
You can not upgrade a level 2 spell scroll. Level 3 spells are attached to Tier 1 weapons and off hands.
Most spells stack but some can't stack. You can explore and try out LOTS of different combos :)
The spells use the hotkeys D,Q,W,E,R but you can have for example 6 of a (Q) spells. You can teleport to town or to eachother using Heartstone (G)
Level 3 spells use the hotkey (F)

Quests:
There are lots of quests in this game. Some of them are chain quests. You get gold and 1 honor point upon completing quests.
Some quests give you ingredients (for plans) or even unlocking items from vendors upon complete.
To read quests click on the (Quests F9) button above your hero icon in the upper left corner.

-save & -load
You can save and load your character in this map, If you save your hero playing a alliance team game you can still load your hero
if you play on horde team in another game (and opposite) So yes you can be on Horde team playing a Alliance hero.
Your credits (gold) and honor points (lumber) will not be saved. Neither items in your bank box or those carried by your pack horse.
Only your hero level and items on hero will be saved.

Dungeons:
There are 4 different dungeons in this game. And all of them are for endgame players.
Talondeep Path is the easiest dungeon, lots of trash mobs and 1 boss (3 bosses on hc)
Cavern of Dreams contains 2 bosses on both normal and hc mode. (Ysondre, the last boss can drop the "hero upgrade" item)
Demonfall Cavern contains 2 bosses on normal and 4 bosses on heroic mode.
Blackfathom Deep contains 5 bosses on normal and 11 bosses on hc mode.

Heroic Dungeons:
If a player with a hero upgrade (purple name) enters the dungeon. Heroic mode will be unlocked.
More mobs and extra bosses will spawn and the dungeon will become harder.
New items will have a chance to drop including special ingredients, plans and Tier 1 items.

Items:
There are over 500 items in this game.
Item models are actually attached to the hero.
You can only carry weapon in inventory slot 1 (upper left)
You can only carry shield/off hand in inv slot 2 (upper right)
Pack horses can not pick up spells or potions.
White items: are starter items
Green items: are common items
Blue items: are uncommon items
Purple items: are epic items
Orange items: are legendary items, but do they even exist? ;)
Tier items: Some endgame items dropped by bosses (on heroic mode) are ranked with "Tier" and are very hard to get.
Plan items: You can combine item ingredients (you get ingredients from quests and some mobs) using plans.
What items you need to combine the upgraded item is described in the plan.
Mount items: there are both ground and flying mounts in this game and they can attack.

Rare Spawns:
There are 30 different rare spawn bosses. The bosses spawn on different locations for a limited time before they despawn.
This happens from time to time. The rare spawns bosses are level 5 and up to 30. And some are more rare than others.

Credits:
Skins and models that are used in this map have been downloaded from the hiveworkshop. And are made by Sunchips, Kitabatake, Blood Raven, perfjert, Forgotten_Warlord, paladinjst, Epimetheus and General Frank

Project Notes:
This "Ashenvale region" map is the first map in my upcoming Azeroth ORPG series.
I started this project in late 2014. This version is from summer 2016. I have been working on the next map in the project for a while.
The next map will be "Winterspring" and beta version is soon complete. ATM I have made things abit "easier" in winterspring map.
There is no scrolls, only pre-set class spell books. Mobs have lower hp and basicly things is wilder and goes faster. Maximum hero level will be 50.
All items that you get in Ashenvale can be loaded into winterspring. And the items that are very hard to get in Ashenvale will scale.
Tier 1 items, mounts, potions (from plans) will scale hard. But most of the lesser items will remain the same as here. There will be no pvp and 6 total players.
I have created factions that you can gain reputation with to buy better items. I have made many more quests and chain quests. I will not spend to much time on winterspring.
It will be a zone to level from 30-50. Now that Blizzard removed the 8mb limit. I can finally start to make awesome raids and unfold my dreams for this project :)
This "Ashenvale" starter zone is very hard at the start. I would recommend to buy a pre-set summoning book at the start. It may require lots of hours to get to level 30.
The "Raise Dead" spell is bugged and can cause the mobs to stop respawning. I am fully aware of this and will change it in the next big patch that I will release with Winterspring beta.
Previews
Contents

Azeroth ORPG* Ashenvale (Map)

1. ACP

ACP

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wonderful map, I've played it from lvl 1 to 30 in one go.

There was something in the game about a class quest but I am not sure how to get it. Can you help?

2. darth_vader88

darth_vader88

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Every hero have a special quest for their race. If a night elf complete the race quest, the vendor will sell a moonsaber mount. If a troll complete the race quest, the vendor sell raptor mount. And so on..
    The vendors that give you the race quest are spread. Just walk close up to them to start the quest. It is hard for me to describe where they are :p draenei quest starter is at the entrace to Demonfall Cavern.
    The troll at Zoram Gar outpost, The dwarf next to the furbolg arena ++ They are all spread across the map. The vendor will be the same race as you. The night elf vendor is a night elf and so on.
    The blood elf race vendor don't sell mount on complete, but 3 different dragonhawk trinkets. You don't to have to do the race quest :) They are just 12 extra quests and a good way to obtain a mount in the level 10-20 range.
    Usually the quest is about killing a level 20 boss.

3. robizeratul

robizeratul

Resources:
    Resources:
    very cool map! however the guide needs to be better.

For example, I have no clue if there's a difference between heroes. Are there only cosmetic?

What about ranged units? I like playing an archer, yet I have no clue on how to do that...

Anyway...Your map is cool but it's also unconventional, if you don't want people to be frustrated and confused you need to explain this stuff, even if it seems " obvious" to you...that's my only complaint yet. I'm lvl 5 or so and still I have no clue even if I read everything

EDIT: also, do bosses respawn?

EDIT2: So it's been a while, I have been playing and having fun. There are a few things I don't like

1) Too many items drop. The forrest was full only after a few minutes...
    2)What's the point of gold drops? they are useless and hard to click, annoying.
    3)I don't like the skill system at all. Game would be much more fun with standard hero builds. Maybe give 4 normal skills and 2 bonus ones or something. It just isn't fun for me. Maybe it's fun at the endgame but before that it's just tedious and annoying.

Other than that, game has been fun however these things make it hard to enjoy. If I'm playing a RPG game and I don't like my hero well...then there's not much anybody can do. However I agree the map is well made maybe it's just not for me.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  4. darth_vader88

darth_vader88

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can not play a ranger/archer character. Other than that you gain +1 all stats when you level up. You choose what specc you go with items and skills. But there is no "ranged" hero. If you go for intelligence and have staff you will not need to auto attack.. You will use the attack ability that is attached to your staff. Then again it seems faster to level up with strength. Using sword/axe/dagger etc. Until you get your hands on a blue or epic staff that teaches staff attack. Classes are more balanced in the end game. Same if you go rogue and stack lots of agility and damage items. Using daggers (big crit), spells that increase attack speed like "slice and dice" and "berserk". You will attack pretty damn fast at end game :)

1. There are so many items, and by items I quess you mean scrolls? Because there need to be. There are more than 100 spells. Almost every mob drop 1 scroll, so you don't have to spend 67 hours farming for scrolls for the specc you like.. However. In my next map "Winterspring" map you just buy pre-set books with spells.

2. The skill system is unique. There is so many combinations and it may provide hours of fun to the player exploring combos. This map is very "open" and you are very free to do what you want really, it just requires lot of time. Some people seem to really like the spell system and some really hate it. There is no middle ground on that one :p

5. coolfishsq

coolfishsq

Resources:
    Resources:
    pretty cute map, tho still lot of bugs, like u can be trying to level up spell to 2nd lvl for 5 minutes picking up the upgrading stone and spell 200 times and on the 201nd time it will make you the 2lvl spell, really ridiculous sometimes. Also got a tier 1 helm upgrade, gathered 4 items to upgrade and nothing happens for me, it doesnt upgrade, do i have to dance the same way as with spell leaarning?)) also when u load 2 times you get 2 heroes

anyway besides all the bugs its a cool idea and were having fun with it, thanks for that map and keep on the good work:)

6. darth_vader88

darth_vader88

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is not random if the upgrade will work or not. You just might have to put the item on ground and pick up again because its based on "when unit picks up item".
    So if you have a lvl 1 scroll in slot 1 and spell stone in 2, and nothing happens. Just put one of them on ground and pick up again. When its picked up it triggers and you get the lvl 2 scroll.

7. coolfishsq

coolfishsq

Resources:
    Resources:
    thats exactly what im doing for a huge amount of time for it to work, and after 10 or 20 pick-ups the spell is finally created. Sometimes its learned when u buy the ston from vendor instantly, sometimes u need to dance a lot for it to make 2 lvl

anyway, do u have any tips on some secret heroes like pandaren? Im already an upgraded gnome so idk where to get better hero :)

8. xXxMKDxXx

xXxMKDxXx

Resources:
    Resources:
    The spell system is kinda messy. There are Overpowered spells such as Moonfire or Lighting bolt dealing increased damage.
    When Learning a new spell(T2) It replaces (randomly) one of the learned spells.

9. darth_vader88

darth_vader88

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    xXx you should unlearn your spells before learning new ones. Ofc things can get messy if you learn 20 spells without unlearning any when you have 6 spell slots. Then its pretty damn random which 14 who disappear and which 6 who get to stay. The moonfire have 3 seconds cast time. Neither Lightning bolt of moonfire are overpowered at all. As I described some spells stack and some don't. You can f.example have both level 1 summon wolves and level 2 summon woves, and when you cast you use both of them. And they stack with summons moonsaber, so if you go both you will summon lots just by using one. You can combine all the different wards regardless of level and make a turret specc. Combine all bolts and instant cast bolts. Combine all the blasts to burst nova around you. There are so many different spell combinations and you will always get surprised and learn new stuff the more you experiment..

coolfish you cannot upgrade ultimates (R) spells. So if the scroll you want to upgrade is a (R) spell, it wont work.
    (R) spells are ultimates and have long cooldown. They can't be upgraded. I have never witnessed or experienced the issue with the scrolls that you describe with the "dancing" :p
    If you have upgraded gnome I would farm for some Tier 1 items and run dungeon. Most of the "hidden" characters have small chances to drop from dungeon bosses (same as mounts).
    There are some bosses that can spawn when you finish quests to. For example in Blackfathom Deep (HC), when you finish the "Footstep" quest before or after Illidan show up.
    Lunara (dryad) boss will spawn at the area with Worgens.

10. haxel96

haxel96

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love the concept, however there are some things bugging me enough to not want to play:

- Let us unlearn a specific spell, and not all of the skills of a level.
    - The backpack cant pick up spells, so we cant store them for later that way. There are other ways to prevent the backpack from learning abilities.
    - The weapon has to be in slot one, but when you want to upgrade spells they has to be in slot one too, either move weapon to slot 5/6 or move spell upgrading to slot 5/6

Other than that I liked it, and probably will come back in the near future for some more :)

11. darth_vader88

darth_vader88

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In the beginning the plan was that you could unlearn one and one spell. But it would take me about 8000 hours to do so with the hundreds of triggers and load time in the world editor.
    The plan was that you could unlearn 1 and 1 spell. And that you could upgrade scrolls up to level 10. But after seeing how much work it was just to make it all upgrade to level 2.
    I decided to attach level 3 spells to items instead for endgame. The endgame dungeons pretty much focus on % damage and support (stun,healing etc) And then the rest of spells become useless..
    That was not either the intention. But for open world questing there are a bunch of great combinations. I will not work much on the spell system in ashenvale. I will make a final update before winterspring to balance.
    But I will not spend to much time on it because I have completely changed the whole spell system in Winterspring, the next map in the series.

12. tilree

tilree

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great map, just some bugs that makes some things annoying to deal with.

1. The error messages pop up for all players, such as when your pack horse picks up scrolls all players get the error message
    2. Being able to load 2 times, thus having 2 heroes
    3. Me and a friend somehow 1shotted Illidan with both using Permafrost ability at the same time

Some points I want to raise/questions to ask.

4. Having weapon and offhand in slot 1&2 makes is so annoying to craft stuff, also picking up things with pack horse.
    5. Alot of the mobs and bosses seem to have no spells or very similar spells to others, I'm guessing the Winterspring bosses will be more unique/complex? If not then they will probably be quite boring to kill.
    6. The spell system is hard to get used to at start but at endgame I found myself liking it more and more, though many of the spells seem useless at late game.
    7. I'm also wondering if there are/will be spells base on stats? Currently it looks to me that Int based builds are alot weaker than str/agi, but then again I haven't seen any tier 3 spells yet.

In the end, I just want to say that this map has a great base, but I believe it requires some more work. Keep at it.

13. coolfishsq

coolfishsq

Resources:
    Resources:
    how do these secret heroes upgrades look like at least? Cus u know maybe they dropped already many times for me but were too tiny to see like all the stuff that drops around there like gold etc, or are they as big as the tier 1 boxes?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  14. ACP

ACP

Resources:
    Resources:
    coolfishq, They are as big as blue items boxes. If one dropped for you there is no chance you will miss it.

15. coolfishsq

coolfishsq

Resources:
    Resources:
    k cute keep farming em <3 a bit sad that these INT items got cool visuals but noone ever wears em cus noone goes int

edit: it actually dropped me a furbolg but it got same stats as a mainstreamy updated gnome so not really worth it, probly not even got a racial questline

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  16. ACP

ACP

Resources:
    Resources:
    I still didnt figure out how to make Onu vulnerable?
    After Illidian disappears from the dungeon does he reappear somewhere else on the map cuz I was unable to find him?
    Any tip on the legendary weapons?

BUMP

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  17. darth_vader88

darth_vader88

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello ACP, there is a small chance that Lunara drop a item that start a quest to kill Onu, he turned Vulnerable when quest starts.
    Illidan don't reappear somewhere else. No tips on lengendary weapons but I unprotected this version of map (took long to find code lol)
    And looked fast over dungeons bosses to make a quick list. Just to give you people some head up :)

"TALONDEEP PATH"

King of Talondeep:
    1% Reins of the Dragonhawk
    1% Reins of the Pterrordax
    1% Plan for Tier 1 Staff
    1% Voodoo Armor Tier 1 (HC)
    2% Mystic Essence

Lost Spirit Wyvern (HC)
    8% Reins of the Spirit Wyvern (HC)
    1% Rune Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Brown Wizard Armor Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Ghost Boots Tier 1 (HC)
    30% Mystic Essence (HC)

Talondeep Moss Lord (HC)
    1% Plan for Tier 1 Helm (HC)
    1% Plan for Tier 1 Armor (HC)
    1% Plan for Tier 1 Staff (HC)
    1% Ashenvale Vest Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Mystic Essence (HC)

"CAVERN OF DREAMS"

Eranikus:
    1% Reins of the Green Drake

Ysondre:
    1% Reins of the Emerald Drake
    15% Hero Upgrade (for each player in dungeon)
    1% Mystic Essence
    1% Plan for Greater Silverleaf Potion
    6% Emerald Armor Tier 1 (HC)

"DEMONFALL CAVERN"

Rage Winterchill:
    1% Reins of the Giant Vulture
    20% Mystic Essence

Diathorus:
    2% Reins of the Black Drake
    1% Plan for Tier 1 Helm

Infernals (HC):
    5% Reins of the Blazing Hippogryph (HC)
    25% Mystic Essence (HC)
    10% Plan for Greater Mana Potion (HC)
    1% Demon Armor Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Shadowcraft Hood Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Shadowcraft Tunic Tier 1 (HC)

"BLACKFATHOM DEEP"

Lorgus Jett (HC):
    2% Magister's Hat Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Lightforge Helm Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Beaststalker's Hood Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Wildheart Cowl Tier 1 (HC)

Ghamoo-Ra (HC):
    1% Reins of the Couatl (HC)
    1% Tortoise Helmet Tier 1 (HC)
    20% Mystic Essence (HC)

Gelihast (HC):
    1% Magister's Gloves Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Lightforge Gauntlets Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Beaststalker's Gloves Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Wildheart Gloves Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Shadowcraft Gloves Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Plan for Tier 1 Dagger (HC)

Domina (HC):
    3% Warlock Armor Tier 1 (HC)
    2% Ghost Boots Tier 1 (HC)

Twilight Lord Bathiel (HC):
    1% Magister's Armor Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Lightforge Breastplate Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Beaststalker's Armor Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Wildheart Vest Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Shadowcraft Tunic Tier 1 (HC)
    5% Plan for Greater Silverleaf Potion (HC)
    5% Plan for Greater Health Potion (HC)
    5% Plan for Tier 1 Helm (HC)
    4% Mystic Essence (HC)

Aku'mai (HC):
    10% Reins of the Couatl (HC)
    2% Magister's Boots Tier 1 (HC)
    2% Lightforge Boots Tier 1 (HC)
    2% Beaststalker's Boots Tier 1 (HC)
    2% Wildheart Boots Tier 1 (HC)
    2% Shadowcraft Boots Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Serpent Scale Armor Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Serpent Scale Helm Tier 1 (HC)

Illidan (HC):
    80% Demon Armor Tier 1 (HC)
    3% Ashenvale Armor Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Wildheart Boots Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Magister's Hat Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Beaststalker's Gloves Tier 1 (HC)
    1% Lightforge Helm Tier 1 (HC)
    9% Plan for Tier 1 Staff (HC)
    1% Plan for Tier 1 Sword (HC)
    10% Mystic Essence

This list only include epic plans, Tier 1 items and flying mounts from dungeons.
    This list don't include drops from Blackfathom Deep bosses on normal.
    This list don't include drops from normal world mobs or normal dungeon mobs.
    This list don't include heirlooms, legendary items or unlockable heroes.
    This list don't include rare spawns that may spawn in dungeons.
    This list don't contain every dungeon drop at all. But it gives you a certain view :p
    I like it when people explore things themselves and don't get handed out everything.
    This map contains so much unique items, and the world lives. Get your Tier 1 items now.
    Winterspring beta will soon be released, and you will stand stronger as the Tier 1 items and mounts will scale :)

18. tilree

tilree

Resources:
    Resources:
    Didn't know there are so many drops from all the bosses, thought most of them are at a low drop chance :p

Ever thought of starting a discord server where players of the map can find people to play with and you can more easily get feedback?

19. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Approved.
    A cool ORPG map from what I could see. There was two different armors in the starting area having the same stats though. I'm not sure if this was intended so or not.
    I would suggest adding more screenshots to make more people interested! :)

If you want more reviews, try joining the Grand Review Exchange.