• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AvP - Extinction v1.11

Reactions: Philipe
Alien vs Predator - Extinction is a Map in which u decide which Race u play. Aliens, Predators or Marines. Each Race have another Playstyle other Units, Upgrades and Tech. Each Race have weaknesses and strenghts. Its based on Meele Maps. Orcs/Humans = Marines, Nightelf = Predator, Undead = Alien
The Map can be played 4v4 , 3v3, 2v2 or 1v1 or even FFA i don't know. The AI is not working so your only chance is to Host this Map or let it Host in Bnet and play with full Players. I haven't got the chance to play with other Players because i can't Host. So test this for me and say balace issues or bugs.

Marines:

-Resources: Marines gain Income from the Main HQ. By upgrading it the Income gets bigger. The secondary Income source is to build Atmospheric Processors. But u first must search for a "Energy Spring" to build one on it.

-CommTechs: CommTechs can repair all Mechanical Stuff like Buildings,Sentrys and Synthetics. They also can build a New HQ (if yours is destroyed) and a Technology Center. They also can call DropShips which let youTrain new Units instantly.

-Technology Center: The Technology Center is used for all the Marines upgrades. It gains no Resource income though.

-Race Data: Marines have Units whit the highest Attackspeed but low Health. They have Units for all Situations. Some of them move slow though. The main Strategy is to find the right mix between all Units. Tech 1 Units can be Huged by Facehuggers.

Aliens:

-Resources: Aliens gain Resources by Building Hive Nodes and upgrade them further to gain more. The Alien Queen is a second Income Source too.

-Eggs: Alien Units are only build by the Queen. The Queen can lay Eggs. She can decide to lay Normal Eggs or Praetorian Eggs which spawns Stronger Units. Be careful and watch for your Queen. If she Dies you can't build any more Units until you have a Praetorian and Evolve it to an Queen.

-Hive Nodes: Alien Hive Nodes Spawn contantly Animals for xour Facehuggers. They try to Hug automatically on them and every other Enemy Unit which is Levl 1- If they don't do you can do by yourself. If a Facehugger hugs on something then after a few seconds it dies and a Chestburster is spawned on its Position. Hive Nodeas are also used for all the Alien upgrades and they will shoot a big AccidBall on the Enemys if they come in the near of it.

-Alien Units: Chestbursters are the Main Alien Unit. They can't attack and are dead instantly if you don't watch at them. They are used to evolve into bigger Aliens. Normal Chesbursters can be evolved to Drones,Runner and Warriors.
Praetorian Chestbursters can be evolved to PredAliens and Praetorians.
Praetorians can be evolved to The Queen, Carriers and the Ravager.

-Race Data: Alien Units are very Cheap and instantly produced if the Chestbuster is there. All Alien Units are meele only , but with some usefull spells. The main Alien Strategy is to mass Units and overwhelm the Enemy with the Mass of them. Don't forget to protect your Queen though, if she dies its over because only shee can create Eggs.

Predators:

-Resources: Predator Resource is gained very low from the "Predator Temple" and the Shrines too. But the Main IncomeSource is to build Slaves. Slaves will increases your Income by +1. The more Slaves you build the more Resource you get. Watch out they have low HP and are very fragile to Ambushes and will die very fast. And they will move automatically to random Positions around your Base. You can't control them. Better keep them in safety. The Slaves will use 3 FoodLimit each of them. Normal Units will only use 1 FoodLimit. So keep it Balanced.

-Shrines: The Predator Shrine is used for all the Predator upgrades. It can be upgraded too to gain more Resource and Food Limit. And it is needed to unlock further Units in the Main Temple. Predator Shrines have a Plasma Attack and will attack everything in Range. It also has a Energy Recharge Aura which recharges all The Predators energy if they are next to it.

-Predator Units: The Predator Temple is used to build all the Predator Units. The List is: Brawlers,Hunter =Tech1. Spear/Disc Masters, PredGuns and Hydras = Tech2. Blazers, Stalkers, Vanguards and Ancients =Tech3. It also has a Plasma Attack which attacks everything in Range.

-Slaves: Slaves are the Main Income Source for Predators. But they can build new Temples too (if your main is destroyed). They also build Shrines and they can repair broken Buildings.

-Race Data: Predator Units are Strong and the most of them can Clock themselves to move faster. But they are expensive and the Attackspeed is not that high. The Main Strategy is to play Stealthy with them and use all their advantages and Technolgy to overwhelm the Enemy.

Neutral Things:

-Gyrote's: Watch out for "Gyrote's, they are placed all over the map (seen as big red dots if you turn on show creep camps option). Don't engage them with few Units, they will kill them instantly. If you don't attract them or go in near of them, they won't bother you.

-Neutral Units: Kurn's,Oswoc's and Krilitic's are neutral Units all over the Map and can be used to by Facehuggers to Hug on them. They won't attack you.

-Vision Mode: Some Marine Units use Motion Tracker, Aliens use Alien Vision and Predators use Predator Vision to see Invisible Units (like clocked Predators.

Changelog 0.42+0.42b
------Balance Issues------
-Marines-
- All Units got a bit balanced
- Some upgrades changed
- Added Auto Huntbuster Revision Command when a Sentry is constructed or the research is complete
- Changed Energy Spring Model
- Changed AURORA Control Effect
- HQ upgrades cost decreased
- Atmo income increased
- Some Buildtimes decreased
-Aliens-
- Added Animal and Human Farms both used for different Facehuggers. Animal Farms for normal FaceHuggers, Human Farms for Praetorian FaceHuggers.
- Queen War Empress greatly decreased
- Damage from Hive Nodes decreased
- Hive Nodes cost increased and food cost added
- Hive Nodes now are only used for upgrades and to gain Income
- Spitter damage decreased
- Alien upgrade time from Chestbuster to other Form times increased from 1 to 3 Seconds
- Some minor fixxes
-Predators-
- Shrine Construction Radius increased and now its needs constructible Terrain
- Shrine Damages changed
- Predator Hydra Damage decreased and Spell Hydrabarrage changed
- PredGuns now have Chaos Damage and damage decreased
- Slave repair Spell und Shrines fixxed
- Some build Times decreased
- Some minor fixxes
-All-
- Some minor fixxes
- Removed second Resource cost from Mainbuildings so if you have enough Resource you can build multiple Hq's, Predator Temples or Queens
------Balance Issues------
-Terrain-
- Created some new Doodats, replaced some Gyrot'es
- Added new waypaths to buttom left
- Added one Bridge to buttom right
-Marines-
- Flamethrower attack speed decreased
- Smartgunner bullet modell changed
- Smartgunners now have homing bullets
- Sniper Damage decreased
- Atmospheric Processors Resource decreased from 9 to 6
- HQ income decreased (tech 2 and 3)
- SADAR Trooper damage decreased
- Eoxsuits now have 2 Railguns fire automatically when upgrades with "Solid State Cannons"
- All-
- Gyrote's now gain +700 Energy (Marines) +700 Credits (Predator) +700 Evolution Points (Alien) if killed,and updated Description and added Hint at the beginning.
-Alien-
- War Empress upgrade costs increased
- Warrior Attackspeed changed to 2.0 from 1.3
-Predator-
- Disc Master bullet modell changed
- Blazer Second Cannon added with "Dual Blazers" upgrade which automatically search for Taregts and Damage decreased on Blazers.
- Shrine buildsize changed
- Some Units costs changed

v1.11
-Alien Units now appear Immediatly after you click the one you want from the Chestburster
-Added Suicide Spell to Slaves. Is needed if you have full Unit Limit and can't build more normal Units.
-Added Hotkeys for Buildings and Units
-Added Alien and Predator Models
-Added diversity into Unit Pictures
-Added 117 custom sounds
-Gyrote kill now gives 2000 Resource
-Lots of changes in Balance,Models,Sounds and other things
-Added Fog and Filters, changed Terrain tile set
-Added Minimap and Loadingscreen
-Added Binary Pasaristim research to Aliens. "Develops a chemical trigger that causes the Chestburster it carries to split into twins but only for the Drone and Runner aliens."
-Added Adaptive Hyperfertility research to Aliens. "Bigger Eggs that contain multiple Facehuggers."
-Added Effect when Facehuggers jumps on a Unit. Now you see a Effect overhead which says that this Unit is infected.
-Fixed bug when Facehuggers jumped on Units there woouldn't appear a Chestburster after the Unit dies. This happened very often.

Keywords:
AvP, avp, Alien, Predator, Alien vs Predator, Science Fiction, Meele
Contents

AvP - Extinction v1.11 (Map)

Reviews
22:33, 6th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 18
Yeah! Finally! First map today, which can be approved! (ok, I found one more, but it haven`t got good description yet).
Nice tooltips, good number of upgrades. When playing as alien it was lacking a little bit of more buildings for me and the most important thing dor me: a hero. The terrain is good enaugh, but still can be better. And put some screenies to description, to make it better.
One thing to fix: as marine there was displayed a message, that if I won`t build a hall, my base will be revealed. Fix it and the map should be approved.
But since it`s really well done, I vote for approval with 3/5 rating.

Damn, just one more thing:
Are you real creator?

Level 13
Thanks for the comment.
1. Yes i use different Names and that was my second one , this other name her is very old.
2. How can i add screenshots?
3.The map concentrates more on Units instead of Buildings.
As i like the Idead of a Hero, but in Starcraft there are no Heroes too :)
I look at this thing with the Message.

Level 1
I hosted and played this map, and there where a lot of balance issues. Towers/defenses are way too easily massed, making bases almost impenetrable. The combat between races was also lacking, exosuits beating any other unit without any trouble. Predators also build too slow. I would advise limiting towers, and separating income structures from defensive ones, and putting a cap on the maximum amount of resources you can gain per second. You may want to make a second team that lists which race is which, in case the host doesn't tell anyone. The game and recourse systems where well set up, however, and mimicked the real AvP Extinction game successfully. The map would also be much better with models for aliens/predators.
Overall, I give this map a 2/5.

Level 13
Thanks for the Feedback. I will fix all things later this day if i get time. U can list every balance suggestion for damage,health and other things for every unit to make the map more balanced. I'm sry that i can't host so i would see it myself. Btw. Ok lets say i can host. But if someone joins he downloads the map first until 100% then he gets instantly kicked, if he rejoins but has the map he gets instantly kicked too. Any suggestions to solve this?

The first time I saw your map, I thought "Awesome man, an AVP map finally!" Then when I played it, I thought different.

Bad Points:
Strange how the creeps periodically die and spawn in bases, though I know it was deliberate.
There are hardly any custom models in this map! I mean, please replace those god-damn spiders with real aliens and the damn Draenei with real Predators!
The buildings weren't exactly exotic.
In your in-game map description, notify players which normal races are aliens, predators, marines (Write something like Marines = Human/Orc, Alien = Undead etc).
No map preview, I mean come on, AVP images are everywhere!
Perhaps add some heroes and reduce all those units.

Good points:
I liked the Marine race.
Cool face-hugging system.
Generally fun to play, ignoring the crap models.
Nice, long, detailed unit descriptions.
Terrain is reasonable.

Overall:
A map with an awesome theme and idea, though lacking in a lot of areas. 3/5 and no vote. Keep trying mate.

Last edited:
Level 4
make a balanced tech tree for them all and get custom models. jsut search inside the hive models and skins peopel have made. ive seen skins inside Loap arena so you should find skins, otherwise oyur just being lazy

Level 1
Does anyone besides me have a problem seeing this game?
I can download the game, but afterwards i can see the game in my download file to host it, but we a download it agin the computer tells me I already have it saved.
Can anyone help me with this problem. This is the only game that does this.

Level 2
Yes i would have to agree with the others, sure a map does not need custom models to be good. But this is AvP without custom models AvP is just a title.

And finding the models is kinda your job altough i don't blame you for asking for help.
Ive looked around and well i can't find any i really feel are good so i would suggest you post a thread in the forums and find someone willing to make you the models.

Level 2
I hosted the game but as soon as people download they get kicked, i think there is a problem with the game in the downloads folder

Level 2
Well i played it in single player since i can't host it and i found that marines can build hqs for really cheap and get tons of income 10x faster than any other race. I also was unable to use the elite facehuggers on humans or animals they just didn't work at all. I don't mind the models really if i cared i would spend a few hours looking myself but if the map can be...

1: updated so that it can be played successfully on bnet
2: make sure everything is working correctly
3: balance marines like crazy
4; models for the lazy people (i don't care about this one but others seem to do)

Thanks and yourwelcome for the feedback and suggestions I guess ^^

-Monk

Level 2
Custom Models needed the concept is excellent but until you actually design a good look for them or it will never be complete, also have you thought about new voicing

One more thing the human farm is virtually useless because the Predatoriun facehuggers can attach to humans but don't spawn anything so whats the point in them??

Last edited:
Level 5
It would be so freakin epic to put these predator sound into avp extionion 2, in my personal opnion, that map is kinda better, cuz more custom skin and better built. These voices would just make is a hell lot better

Level 5
problem:
preatorian facehugger does not die apon using ability, allowing one to easily spam the chestbursters

Level 1
Any chance adding races from other sci-fi horror movie themed games, like Replicants from Blade Runner, or Terminators, or Robocop and other OCP characters? How about The Thing, or the Blob? Those two are game breaking for sure, but fire destroys the Thing and freezing and shattering stops the Blob.