• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Yo, guys!
I've been creating this new hero for my map, and I have skill avatar, just renamed, removed the avatar model effect, changed name and description, etc. but there's one problem...
When ever I use it, the level bar changes to "Avatar" text and there is that blue bar which shows how long will avatar stay.

How could I change the avatar text? I already went to buffs tab at object editor, and found buff "Avatar" under human section, edited the text and it worked, but is there a way to change the text without editing the original avatar buff, i created new custom buff from avatar buff and renamed it.
Also at avatar ability I went to "buff", but I didn't see that avatar buff there, tried to add my custom avatar buff but didn't help.

So is it like "locked" on avatar buff, or can I change the buff to something else?
Sorry for bad english.

Edit: Damn it, read that [Solved] and [Unsolved] topic like 5 seconds after posting this, sorry guys :D

Last edited:
Level 8
i think that Avatar with the blue bar can't be changed. but why do you use the Avatar ability for? For the spell immunity? You can just base your skill off something else that you can edit the text in the blue bar with (hmmm i was thinking of Metamorphosis :p), then trigger that addition of spell immunity by adding Spell Immunity ability to the unit that is using your custom ability, or even add the damage, hp and armor bonuses of Avatar via adding some additional abilities to the unit. It might mean more work (or less), but at least the Avatar text is gone. :D

You need to go to the Buffs section, find Avatar, change the tooltip to the name of the ability (or copy paste the buff and change the tooltip, if you use the original Avatat spell in your map) and then go to the ability and in Stats - Buffs, add the buff you just made.
Here is the proof: View attachment Hide Avatar Text.w3x

Edit: Damn it ronojales :p He already solved the problem, hehe

Level 1
i think that Avatar with the blue bar can't be changed. but why do you use the Avatar ability for? For the spell immunity? You can just base your skill off something else that you can edit the text in the blue bar with (hmmm i was thinking of Metamorphosis :p), then trigger that addition of spell immunity by adding Spell Immunity ability to the unit that is using your custom ability, or even add the damage, hp and armor bonuses of Avatar via adding some additional abilities to the unit. It might mean more work (or less), but at least the Avatar text is gone. :D
Good try but I already found out that it is possible to change the text... :D And I'm using it mostly for spell immunity and getting my unit bigger, it could of course be done with many ways but one spell is easiest :p

You need to go to the Buffs section, find Avatar, change the tooltip to the name of the ability (or copy paste the buff and change the tooltip, if you use the original Avatat spell in your map) and then go to the ability and in Stats - Buffs, add the buff you just made.
Here is the proof: View attachment 76522

Edit: Damn it ronojales :p He already solved the problem, hehe
Nope, not working. You edited the original buff, but what if I want to keep it and make a new buff, exactly the same but with custom tooltip. Said it already in first post, but I'm from finland so maybe you didn't understand my sissy english :>

Avatar is weird in the fact that it takes the actual Avatar buff rather than the custom one based off Avatar. So say you edited the original buff to say "Boobaloo". Then you made a custom one based off it to say "Babalooba". Then you specified for the buff of the ability to use the Babalooba buff. It would instead just go and use the Boobaloo buff. =(

You can always try something else like editing the metamorphosis one if you don't want to edit the avatar one.

Level 1
Avatar is weird in the fact that it takes the actual Avatar buff rather than the custom one based off Avatar. So say you edited the original buff to say "Boobaloo". Then you made a custom one based off it to say "Babalooba". Then you specified for the buff of the ability to use the Babalooba buff. It would instead just go and use the Boobaloo buff. =(

You can always try something else like editing the metamorphosis one if you don't want to edit the avatar one.
K, thanks for telling me this, i'll just try something else... =>

Status
Not open for further replies.