• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem With Custom Spell Based on Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The Name isn't avatar, the normal tooltip isn't avatar.. nothing left in this spell says avatar except the string... but it still says avatar in the blue bar that ticks away the duation. And i tried changnig the string and that didn't do anything... so... any ideas? Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Level 4
Go to the buff tab in the object editor. Find the avatar buff, copy it, and rename the new buff to whatever you want it named.

Then go back to your edited avatar spell and replace the old avatar buff with the new one.

follow his advice.

Level 6
I think you guys misunderstood his question. He didn't ask for the buff icon, but for the duration bar (the one replacing the exp bar).

I'm sorry I can't help further myself, but I can't remember how to do it.

-Sinizi

Level 2
Yeah, originally i just tried to delete the avatar buff and have it not have any buff, so your idea made sense, it must be saying avatar by default, but even with making a new buff and having my custom spell apply the new buff, it says avatar in the duration bar

Level 2
I did that and now the spell applies the new buff, but the duration bar still says avatar

Level 1
Yeah, the "New Buff" mode doesn't work since Avatar (the ability) doesn't need any buff (In Art - Buffs:) but still uses one.

A Solution: (But you will use only one ability similar to Avatar)
» Get into the Buffs/Effects tab;
» Find the Avatar buff;
» Change the name how you want;
» You have finished;

Important Note: You must edit the Avatar spell from the Abilities Tab, not create a new one.

I'm sure this works, but there can be a better way.

Status
Not open for further replies.