• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

AUTOMATIC zoom function (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey guys

I have a trigger for zooming out 2500, but i need a event that zoom automaticly for me, so far the only thing that works is a chat message like "-z", i need a trigger that zooms out by itself. Anyone know how?

The problem: I know how to zoom, but i want it to do so automaticly when the map starts

Yours truly

Mr. Plunders

Last edited:
Level 8
Map Initialization event
Set players camera field (distance to target) to x

Hey there thanks for a quick reply, i've tried map initialization and that will not work, however just found another map that uses the periodic time event.

event
Every o.2 sec of game time
action
zoom...blabla
Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)

And this seems to work, now i wonder:
Does this leak?, or will it basicly bite me in the arse?

Level 20
Yes it is needed to be periodic trigger when zooming the camera because if the user wants to zoom - in by using scroll down mouse it will automatically takes the camera in the original or normal distance. Anyway " Turn - off ( it is not leaking ) " Why did you used periodic event when you need to destroy a trigger once? :O.

Level 8
Yes it is needed to be periodic trigger when zooming the camera because if the user wants to zoom - in by using scroll down mouse it will automatically takes the camera in the original or normal distance. Anyway " Turn - off ( it is not leaking ) " Why did you used periodic event when you need to destroy a trigger once? :O.

Well i tried the "time elasped" because i didn't want it to stack up a number of irrelevant orders. but seems that this will not start the zooming part of the trigger, but i found that just like a chat message the "periodic event" did zoom out.

I never thought of zooming in, since i find that it's too close already. but basicly i use periodic and then turn it off because:

- The "initialize map", "elasped time" and "unit enters region" does not start zooming, but "periodic event" does, so i used it

- I turn off the trigger because i thought stacking commands that you don't use was a bad thing.

Level 20
Well i tried the "time elasped" because i didn't want it to stack up a number of irrelevant orders. but seems that this will not start the zooming part of the trigger, but i found that just like a chat message the "periodic event" did zoom out.

I never thought of zooming in, since i find that it's too close already. but basicly i use periodic and then turn it off because:

- The "initialize map", "elasped time" and "unit enters region" does not start zooming, but "periodic event" does, so i used it

- I turn off the trigger because i thought stacking commands that you don't use was a bad thing.

**Don't turn off the trigger when you're permanently want to zoom-out the distance without disrupting back in original In-game screen distance.

**Turn Off the trigger if you want only an initialized zoom-out distance unpermanently but it can back in original In-game screen distance doing in: Mouse + Scroll + Down or Up

EDIT:

Timed Elapsed and Map Initialization is working tho.
Trigger:
  • Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Disable fog of war
      • Visibility - Disable black mask
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 2500.00 over 0.00 seconds

Level 8
**Don't turn off the trigger when you're permanently want to zoom-out the distance without disrupting back in original In-game screen distance.

**Turn Off the trigger if you want only an initialized zoom-out distance unpermanently but it can back in original In-game screen distance doing in: Mouse + Scroll + Down or Up

EDIT:

Timed Elapsed and Map Initialization is working tho.
Trigger:
  • Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Disable fog of war
      • Visibility - Disable black mask
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 2500.00 over 0.00 seconds

Thank you guys for the debate, learned something :) +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.