• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Auto Harvest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
  • Unit - Order Unit to harvest near wood
(This action may be spelled wrong, since my WE is not english.)

Is it possible to increase the range of this action?
The standart range is 2000, but I want my peasants to search for the next tree to harvest, even if the tree is on the other side of the map.

Level 6
I guess you could do something like this, if u want to use triggers to do this

• Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Harvest (Random destructible in (Playable map area))
but im a noob with triggers, im sure there is better ways. maybe looking for destructible within range of the harvester then make him harvest nearest?

Anyways

If you dont want to use triggers, follow these steps

1. Open the Object Editor
2. Go to the Abilities Tab
3. Go to the Special Folder
4. Go to the Units Folder
5. Click on Harvest Gold and Lumber
6. Change the value Stats - Area of Effect to 99999

Done

When a peasant finishes a tree it will move to the next one (within a 99999 range) wich should be big enough for a 256x256 map

Level 4
Thank you for your help.
@Radicool
I have already tried to like in the Gameplay Constants, of course. There is nothing helpful.

@deathismyfriend
Yes, this would be a good solution if the number of peasants who need to loop wasn't up to 25 per second. Of course, loops would work, but its too much lag for my map.

@RollingDoubles
This doesn't work for me, since my peasants do not work automatically.
But that's too complicated to explain.

However, I have found a good solution for now.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.