• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Auto-blink help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello all, i seem to have posted a lot of questions lately....

well here goes, i was working on trigger for my auto-blink ability, where the hero clicks the designated area and is automatically teleported there, i have seen this in lots of games lately and got the ideas there....

hope anybody could help :grin:

Level 18
it's just the normal blink ability, that will be used..
you have to make a trigger to make it "auto-blink"

try to search and work a bit with this template, you should be able to find similar things in the world editor:

event: unit gets order
condition: unit-type of unit equal to (unit with blink)
action: order unit to cast blink (you have to search for the ability, there are some abilities of heroes that you can cast with GUI, search if the warden's blink, which is the basic ability of the auto-blink, is there and use this.

else you'll have to wait for another answer, because the other spells are only available via JASS, and I can't do anything in JASS ^^

Level 7
Oh yeah i forgot to specify that it is spell triggered,
example: skeleton guy casts berserk
Skeleton begins auto-blink every time he moves
buff wears out
stops auto-blinking.
thats how it supposed to work and no i dont know jass.

Level 11
Can't access spell book spells with triggers AFAIK.

So you're saying he only needs to instant-blink while he's under the effects of a spell?

Is it an infinite range blink? There are a lot of things you haven't clarified, could you please tell us what, exactly, this ability will do?

Level 7
whenever he clicks he auto-blinks,

but for example he clicks the other end of the map, the character would blink only 600 range towards the area like casting blink with 600 range to an area 1800 range away.
so whenever he clicks he will go 600 uits nearer to the targeted area but only for a limited amount of time like lets say 12 seconds? and 600 is the range of the blink whenever he moves :D

Level 8
Unit Begins Casting Ability (not starts effect)
if its blink
if Distance between Triggering Unit and Target position is bigger than 600
Pause Triggering Unit
Order it to stop
UnPause Triggering Unit
Order triggering unit to use blink on (Position with Polar offset angle is angle between caster and target position and offset is 600

Cant think of another way

The buff??

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
  • Conditions
    • And - All (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • HasBlink Equal to True
        • ((Ordered unit) has buff YourBuff) Equal to False
        • (String((Issued order))) Equal to move
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Distance between (Position of (Ordered unit)) and (Target point of issued order)) Less than or equal to 600.00
      • Then - Actions
        • Set HasBlink = True
        • Unit - Move (Ordered unit) instantly to (Target point of issued order)
        • Wait 12.00 seconds
        • Set HasBlink = False
      • Else - Actions
Doing the best I can. Sorry, can't figure out the else action.

Level 19
>.< I thought he wants something like... you know what Ive thought

Anyway
Unit is issued order with target point
if order is smart or move or attack or patrol
if Triggering Unit has Berserk Buff
Move triggering unit to Position with Polar offset(angle is angle between triggering unit and order point and offset is Min(distance between them, 600))

Min is a GUI function which takes 2 numbers and uses the smaller one
so if distance between unit and target is smaller than 600 it will teleport to target location
if else it will teleport to in angle of that direction with 600 offset
if you dont want like that just move unit to target location

Level 8
>.< I thought he wants something like... you know what Ive thought

Lolz. Read before you post bro.

Anyway
Unit is issued order with target point
if order is smart or move or attack or patrol
if Triggering Unit has Berserk Buff
Move triggering unit to Position with Polar offset(angle is angle between triggering unit and order point and offset is Min(distance between them, 600))

Min is a GUI function which takes 2 numbers and uses the smaller one
so if distance between unit and target is smaller than 600 it will teleport to target location
if else it will teleport to in angle of that direction with 600 offset
if you dont want like that just move unit to target location

Lol maybe remove the patrol?

Level 19
1- Im not your bro

2- My solution was designed for

but for example he clicks the other end of the map, the character would blink only 600 range towards the area like casting blink with 600 range to an area 1800 range away.

Level 8
1- Im not your bro

Lol you don't have to be my bro. You can be my sis. :wink:

2- My solution was designed for

But really, with patrol? I know you're doing what he wants, but doing with patrol just seems foolish to me. But anywho, the OP asks for it. So it's whatever to the OP.

Level 19
the solution I ment was previous one the one I deleted which doesnt have patrol
about patrol dunno I thought he may want blinks for all moves and when you order patrol unit moves there and I should blink and also If you order to follow its counted as patrol and ...........
>.< I dont even care *unsubscribe*
and dont get into my way again

Status
Not open for further replies.