• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Auto-attacking during custom Bladestorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
maybe this is supposed to be the case?
I don't think it is supposed to be, but it is the case. The standard bladestorm skill does not prevent the unit from attacking. Only because of the spin animation you cannot see the blademaster attacking.
But as I said I doubt this is intended. A lot of players don't even know this, because the animation let's us think the blademaster is not attacking.

Level 11
Removing their ability to attack will probably keep the blademaster from automatically acquiring targets while storming. If it's a big deal, you'd probably want to null their attack damage somehow (a damage detection system being the easiest way to accomplish this).

Level 11
There's the Cargo Hold (Orc Burrow) ability trick, which renders a unit unable of attacking anyone. Add it when your spell is cast, then remove it when needed.

Indeed, but the Cargo Hold itself causes another issue that, since the unit is unable to attack, causes the unit to run away when being attacked.

But anyway I already have a fix for the problem, I just wanted to know if it was necessary to apply it or of this bug was caused by object editor data.

Thanks for the help

Level 11
Does changing the "can flee" to false fix this?

I highly doubt it. And even if it did it would cause another problem by making it unable to run away when engaging in combat, even while not using Bladestorm.

I am pretty sure blizzard made him attack during bladestorm in order to keep him acquiring targets.

BTW, I don't think his attacks are even dealing damage, but they proc UAMs from items.

Yea that's possible. The problem is that my hero has another passive ability that causes him to heal himself every X attacks and I noticed that the heal happens while he uses a custom Bladestorm ability.

It can probably be fixed with triggers by ordering the unit to stop when it tries to attack.

Yea that's possible. The problem is that my hero has another passive ability that causes him to heal himself every X attacks and I noticed that the heal happens while he uses a custom Bladestorm ability.

It can probably be fixed with triggers by ordering the unit to stop when it tries to attack.

I am pretty sure Bladestorm adds a buff to the caster. So if an unit attacks, check if he has the bladestorm buff, if he does, then just don't count that hit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.