• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Aura Spell making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How do i make an aura come on and off, say endurance aura comes on every 5th second, and after 1 second it turns off.

Level 13
I think this is the better way,

If you want to make 3 levels endurance aura, then make it 4 levels (3+1), so the 4th level will have no effect and the tooltip description should like this:

Endurance Aura - [Level 1]
Endurance Aura - [Level 2]
Endurance Aura - [Level 3]
Endurance Aura - [Inactive]

Then, make a trigger so every 5 seconds the trigger set level of Endurance Aura on that unit to level 4, wait a second, and set it again to the exact level.

Level 1
You guys are hopeless...

Ability: Techtree- Requirements- Require a dummy unit "x".

Map: Trigger-on interval you want,
action- create/remove dummy unit "x"

You might have to play with aura buff duration and refresh intervals.. if thats possible.

For an absolute method, you can make the unit something the buff does not target.. such as "achients" or "mechanical"

You cna also make it a dummy aura, and a buff caster that casts the true effect- which has a 1 second duration, on dummy aura affected units once every 5 seconds.

Level 13
EmbraceDeath said:
You guys are hopeless...

Ability: Techtree- Requirements- Require a dummy unit "x".

Map: Trigger-on interval you want,
action- create/remove dummy unit "x"

You might have to play with aura buff duration and refresh intervals.. if thats possible.

For an absolute method, you can make the unit something the buff does not target.. such as "achients" or "mechanical"

You cna also make it a dummy aura, and a buff caster that casts the true effect- which has a 1 second duration, on dummy aura affected units once every 5 seconds.

umm.. you know, the caster will got many unit produced at the end of the game (summary). that's why i always avoid using dummy unit too much.

@Daelin : Ah.. I forgot one thing. You should make two ability for this.

The one for the effect, and the other on hero that can be researched.

The one on hero you should make from item movement bonus ability. The point is because this ability display the icon when research, but doesn't display the icon on normal abilities.

So here's the trick:

- The on-research ability cause no effect. Edit movement bonus to 0.
- Then when hero research this ability, check:
if level equal to 1:
-give ability endurance aura (effect version)
- set level of endurance aura (effect version) equal to endurance aura (on-research)
else
- just set level of endurance aura (effect version) equal to endurance aura (on-research)

So, every several second:

- set level of endurance aura (effect version) to 4
- wait several second
- set level of endurance aura (effect version) to endurance aura (on-research)

Level 13
Ok I'll make it more spesific:

Actually this is the old trick to make passive ability active only on certain time.

Let says we talk about Endurance Aura.
First, make 2 ability:

1. Endurance Aura (on hero)
- has 4 level
- Hero Ability equal to false
- Tooltip for each level:
* Endurance Aura [Level 1]
* Endurance Aura [Level 2]
* Endurance Aura [Level 3]
* Endurance Aura [Inactive]

2. Endurance Aura (on research)
- has 3 level
- Hero Ability equal to true
- Tooltip for each level:
You don't need to put tooltip on this ablity
- Make this ability from item movement speed
bonus ability
The purpose is because this ability doesn't show
normal icon, but just show icon on research
- This ability shouldn't give any benefit to the hero, because it just "reference ability"

Then give Endurance Aura (on research) ability to the hero that you want as a hero ability.

Then, make a trigger:
Events:
Unit learn a skill

Conditions:
Learned hero skill equal to Endurance Aura (on research)

Actions:
if level of Endurance Aura (on research)
equal to 1 then:
- Add ability Endurance Aura (on Hero) to the hero.
- Set level of Endurance Aura (on Hero) equal to level of Endurance Aura (on research)

else
- Set level of Endurance Aura (on Hero) equal to level of Endurance Aura (on research)

Ok, that is the first step. The second step is to make the ability inactive on certain time, it can be on day time, on night time, or every certain moment. Let says we talk about for every 5 seconds. Make a trigger like this:

Event
Every 5 seconds on game time

Action
- Pick all unit that has ablity Endurance Aura (on hero) and do action:
- Set ability level of Endurance Aura (on hero) to 4
=================
- wait 1 sec.
=================
- Pick all unit that has ablity Endurance Aura (on hero) and do action:
- Set ability level of Endurance Aura (on hero) to level of ability Endurance Aura (on research)

Hope that will help....

Level 2
Thanx guys for all your help. Sorry for the late reply but my internet stopped working for a while. If i have any more problems i'll let you know.

Jimmie

Status
Not open for further replies.