• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Attention.Project needs Members.

Name of the Mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently making a Starcraft Reconstruction,meaning that i am going to reconstruct the MPQ of Warcraft III and add Starcraft files....
The Reconstruction though has hardly started....The problem?

Low Models.
Almost no staff.

I am currently recruiting members of the hive to help me in the project.

People needed:

Modelers(About 5)
Scriptors:2-3
Skinners:5
Jass Triggerers:2
Terrainers:1
And someone that can actually create the map settings.
(As i am experienced with Starcraft i am able to make stuff like Unit Trees and Starcraft>>Warcraft reconstruction.)Sounds will be the same.

Q&A

Q:How will you distribute this?
A:I am currently thinking of Uploading them on torrents,but I haven't decided yet.

Q:Will there be an expansion,like Brood Wars?
A:Yes there will be an expansion,which will contain updates.

Q:Do i need any Warcraft III patch to use this?
A:Yes you need the latest Warcraft III patch,which the MPQ will be Updated every time a new patch is up.

Q:Why are you doing the Reconstruction?
A:Because the Starcraft graphics were pretty lame,and to encounter a thrill from it's campaigns and maps,I am reconstructing the Warcraft III MPQ so that you can see Starcraft with the Warcraft III Graphics engine.

Feel free to PM me Questions,applies,and anything else when you need me.I will answer all of your questions(I believe i will,most of them at least).

Stathisdjs,
The Starcraft Reconstructor

Updates:Hero_Lief,Mooglefrooglian, have joined the Starcraft Revolution crew.
Syleona joins the crew as Terrainer.
Dynasti joins the crew as Jass Triger creator

EDIT:
Note:The name of the 5th poll will be Starcraft Reborn.

Last edited:
Level 21
The warcraft 3 engine can't handle many typical SC things:
- it can't handle many units at the same time (in theory a zerg player can have 400 zerglings, warcraft 3 lags like hell at that unit count)
- carrier doesn't really work well... Any solution you come up with contains something unclean (locust means you can't attack the interceptors, it also means you can't control the interceptor's target, if you use Zeppelin load you get problems related to loading/unloading, and buying new interceptors is a tough job too)
- Protoss shields (can't really use mana cause some protoss units need energy)
etc.

PR has done some deep modifications to warcraft 3 itself, which you can't do with any world editor, but even then they still had too many technical problems. With SC2 coming out "soon", they simply gave up. And honestly, it's probably better not to make an attempt yourself. You won't be able to play it on Battle.net anyway.

Level 24
- carrier doesn't really work well... Any solution you come up with contains something unclean (locust means you can't attack the interceptors, it also means you can't control the interceptor's target, if you use Zeppelin load you get problems related to loading/unloading, and buying new interceptors is a tough job too)

It's called coding. . . ?

etc.

More coding?

- it can't handle many units at the same time (in theory a zerg player can have 400 zerglings, warcraft 3 lags like hell at that unit count)

The real issue.

And if they failed, you think that you will succeed?

They failed,and we can succeed.

EDIT1:
The warcraft 3 engine can't handle many typical SC things:
etc.

PR has done some deep modifications to warcraft 3 itself, which you can't do with any world editor, but even then they still had too many technical problems. With SC2 coming out "soon", they simply gave up. And honestly, it's probably better not to make an attempt yourself. You won't be able to play it on Battle.net anyway.

A.Yeah but who is that fag to make 400 zerglings?
B.Carrier will have the ability of Locust Swarm(But allowing the locusts to be targeted) but with changed models.
C.What do you mean by "Energy"?

The Bnet cannot be used instantly.Though it will be possible.

EDIT2:

More coding?

The real issue.

"Jass"Coding ^^

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 7
If you still need a terrainer, count me up. Here's my latest terrain as an example:

This is a no imports image, which means, the carriage is made up from in-game models such are barrels, boxes, tables - they are just twisted around and placed together to form up the carriage. Came out quite well if you ask me.

~Click Image for full size view~

If you still need a terrainer, count me up. Here's my latest terrain as an example:

This is a no imports image, which means, the carriage is made up from in-game models such are barrels, boxes, tables - they are just twisted around and placed together to form up the carriage. Came out quite well if you ask me.

~Click Image for full size view~

Nice work you got there :)
Syleona joins the crew as terrainer.

Warcraft 3: Starcraft: This totally isn't a rip off Warcraft 3: WoW.
Warcraft Reconstruction: Sounds kind of lame, and lacks any relation to Starcraft.
Starcraft Revolution: *cough* Project Revolution *cough*.
Starwarcraft It just sounds rather silly, if you ask me.
Starcraft Reborn: Sounds a bit much like WoW Reborn.

Hey....The people prefered that x) not me.

Level 21
It's not gonna be easy.

More coding?
Nope... Even though it's possible to make a shield system, you'll eventually have to use a timer and damage detection system...
There's already a shield system available for download using handle vars and it's not playable with more than 50 units. That's not even enough for 1 protoss player's buildings, never mind his units. Never mind more than 1 protoss player.

And no, the system can't really be made any more efficient except by eliminating handle vars and using a different timing method. But I think you won't be able to get around using handle vars anyway, and even if you can is, you're still going to have a lot of trouble making it efficient enough for 1 player.

Warcraft 3: Starcraft: This totally isn't a rip off Warcraft 3: WoW.
Not necessarily a bad thing... And definitely the best option out of those 5.

Level 24
It's not gonna be easy.

True, but not impossible by any means.

Nope... Even though it's possible to make a shield system, you'll eventually have to use a timer and damage detection system...
There's already a shield system available for download using handle vars and it's not playable with more than 50 units. That's not even enough for 1 protoss player's buildings, never mind his units. Never mind more than 1 protoss player.

And no, the system can't really be made any more efficient except by eliminating handle vars and using a different timing method. But I think you won't be able to get around using handle vars anyway, and even if you can is, you're still going to have a lot of trouble making it efficient enough for 1 player.

I bet you can. I'll look into it more, before replying.

mib

mib

Level 2
I dont like some things in Q&A and im not great at making and so i cannot help u sorry

Level 17
Well do what you want. As long as you get those models in it, I will play it. Those models are so well made, they look even better than the starcraft sprites. And for if you didn't already know, they have already canceled the project PR because some things aren't possible in WCR3 that are possible in Starcraft (or they were just too lazy). Well good luck with it anyway.

Level 17
Oh, and there's one more thing I can help you with. Have you heard of a tool called mpqmaster? Search for it on this site. With it you can open the MPQ from Stracraft (I tried to do it with Diablo II and I could all export all the sound and music as wav, so I there's 99% chance that it works with starcraft also). You can also find many info for if you want to mod starcraft.

[K40$]-Spectre;986799 said:
Oh, and there's one more thing I can help you with. Have you heard of a tool called mpqmaster? Search for it on this site. With it you can open the MPQ from Stracraft (I tried to do it with Diablo II and I could all export all the sound and music as wav, so I there's 99% chance that it works with starcraft also). You can also find many info for if you want to mod starcraft.

Dude?Too late -.0?I have already done that while exploring the Starcraft MPQ.

Level 17
I already got the sounds...so...Bye Bye...

Stathisdjs, are you aware that you are behaving in schizophrenic ways? You simultaneously ask for help, while you are almost cursing at the people who are trying to help you.

And let me ask you one more thing.. how in God's name was I supposed to know you already knew that trick with MPQmaster? You tell me that, f*cking *sswipe.

Now.. since I am the forgiving kind of guy, I'll let you of with a warning.. but next time you'll be really sorry. Okay pumpkin' ?

[K40$]-Spectre;989010 said:

Stathisdjs, are you aware that you are behaving in schizophrenic ways? You simultaneously ask for help, while you are almost cursing at the people who are trying to help you.

And let me ask you one more thing.. how in God's name was I supposed to know you already knew that trick with MPQmaster? You tell me that, f*cking *sswipe.

Now.. since I am the forgiving kind of guy, I'll let you of with a warning.. but next time you'll be really sorry. Okay pumpkin' ?

Dude?Check the thread's name...Project needs Members. Not Project needs help...

Level 19
What the f*ck is your problem people?
You either post something useful or nothing.
This is the Project Recruitment forum, not "I-give-my-free-opinion-forum".
Project Recruitment said:
Searching for project members? Or do you want to join a project? Talk about your projects in development, or help others develop their map ideas in this forum.

And please, read before you post.
I am not going further in discussion because you know the point, if not then you may feel retard.

What the f*ck is your problem people?
You either post something useful or nothing.
This is the Project Recruitment forum, not "I-give-my-free-opinion-forum".

And please, read before you post.
I am not going further in discussion because you know the point, if not then you may feel retard.

Xarwin equal to Smart
If Xarwin unit is Smart then do actions
|__ACTION-+Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.