• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
to do that you would need to either have all units only have attack speed based on there agility.
Alternatively you can store each units base attack speed into a hashtable keyed to that units unit type. Then load the unit type and times the agility by the attack speed bonus in the gameplay constants. Then check for any items that give increased attack speeds.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
I suggest u should do like deathismyfriend said. Here is the formula:
1/(Base attack time of the unit type) x [(Bonus Attack Speed+100)/100]
Bonus attack speed is calculated by the Agility and item's bonus. Therefore, u must store the amount of AS bonus for every item into a variable to easily add or subtract them.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
I mean if he wants to know about the attack speed bonus, I think it would be better to show the player how many attack the unit can make in 1s. :D. That's what my formula for. Also, yeah, I agree that the second part of my formula isnt as effective as urs :D.

Level 20
The Attack Speeds names (Very Slow, Slow, Normal, Fast, Very Fast) have limits declared in some Wc3 file (MiscData.txt i think). I'm not sure if you can add extra fields there. At least it lets you know the "gap" between the values the AS is.

with this you can but its not perfectly acurate but good enough and works with items
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1e...v/GM-v2.28.zip
run the game with this on and there will be attack speeds instead of slow / very slow / etc
And that would mean that everyone would need it to be able to see the attack speed, right?

What I actually want to achieve is an '-AS' command.

Level 4
there is formulas for attack speed and armor and these stuff i remember i read about it in playdota.com (i dont have access to playdota.com so i cant give you the link i remember it was in a page named mechanic.)

there is formulas for attack speed and armor and these stuff i remember i read about it in playdota.com (i dont have access to playdota.com so i cant give you the link i remember it was in a page named mechanic.)
It's most probably the Gameplay Constants formula that you're talking about.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
If you can lock the unit down for a while you can use a dummy to detect attack speed. However the player should be unable to influence the unit (change owner?) and the dummy bust be targetable and attackable.

Remember that faster attack speed is capped at +400% and -80%. This results in 5 times as many hits to 1/5th as many hits per unit time. There may also be rounding based on internal frame rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.