• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack Speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey guys, just a quick question regarding attack speed..

How do I increase a unit's attack speed for a set number of attacks?
(I hate to use this example but I couldn't think of any other. Similar to Dota's Ursa Warrior's overpower. After 5 attacks, the attack speed increase is removed.)

Level 37
You can use Unit Indexer by Bribe, look into spell database.

When you start the spell, set attacks[custom value of triggering unit] = 5 and increase attack speed with a hidden aura or something.

You can use A unit is attacked event. If attacks[custom value of attacker] > 0 then set attacks[x] = attacks[x] - 1
If attacks[x] == 0 then remove as bonus.

Level 23
You can use Unit Indexer by Bribe, look into spell database.

When you start the spell, set attacks[custom value of triggering unit] = 5 and increase attack speed with a hidden aura or something.

You can use A unit is attacked event. If attacks[custom value of attacker] > 0 then set attacks[x] = attacks[x] - 1
If attacks[x] == 0 then remove as bonus.

abusable :D

if you are using Bribes Unit Indexer, you could use Bribes DDS as well and check if the unit actually dealt the damage
the rest is kept the same

Level 37
abusable :D

if you are using Bribes Unit Indexer, you could use Bribes DDS as well and check if the unit actually dealt the damage
the rest is kept the same

There is no way in WC3 (at least not discovered yet) to make this ability perfectly.

Bribe's DDS doesn't let you know if you made the damage with the normal attack or not.
There is a system that detects physical damage, but some abilities like Barrage I believe deal physical damage.
One could use an orb effect, but those do not stack.

Therefore I recomend A unit is attacked event, as it will not really bug at all since the unit attempts to make an attack with increased speed, even if it is aborted. I don't see that as a bug really.

Status
Not open for further replies.