• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Attack Speed Slow issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Screenshot - e9cdb63ac10d6754efce47e3d6cfd754 - Gyazo

I've got this ability that is transferred on attack. It works early on in the game, but around 20 minutes into the game the Hero's attack speed is maxed. And this attack speed slow which is 0.50 doesn't seem to do anything. We've done tests where the unit attacks an object with no slow ability added, and with and the object dies in the same amount of time.

Any idea what I should do here?

Level 12
That happens cause all boni and mali are added and out of the result of that boni and mali a factor is calculated, this factor is limited to 0.2 and 5, the Bonus itself is not limited.
Therefore if an unit has +1000 Attackspeed you also need 1000 Attackspeed Slow to normalize it back to Default.

Not sure I understand all that you said.
Do you know when attack speed is maxed? I have an agility hero, at some point he gets enough agility that his attack speed has become maxed.
And how does this amount calculate. I have 0.5 right now, but the 'AS' slow data can go as high as 10.0

is 10.0 supposed to be 1000 attack speed or?
Thanks.

Yes, 10 = 1000. For some reason a slow with 9.9 neutralizes 1000 agi when agi gives 0.01 attackspeed, although 2000 are neutrailized by 19.9 slow. And 29.90 Slow would neutralize the Bonus of 3000 agi.

If you hold shift when Opening the field you can place higher numbers.

Do you know when attack speed is maxed? I have an agility hero, at some point he gets enough agility that his attack speed has become maxed.
At 400 agi with (0.01 attackspeed per Point) a Hero has maximum attackspeed, if he is not slowed.

Attack Speed - Liquipedia Warcraft Wiki

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Attack speed has a range of -80% to +400%. All attack speed sources are added together, including negative. Hence if a unit has +10,000% attack speed then -50% attack speed results in +9,950% attack speed which gets clamped to +400% attack speed.

For this reason in maps where agility has no real limit it is a good idea to remove agility attack speed bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.