• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack speed + Movement speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I want change these text

SpeedVerySlow=175 // lower bound, everything below this is "very slow"
SpeedSlow=220
SpeedAverage=280
SpeedFast=350 // upper bound, everything above this is "very fast"
AttackVerySlow=3 // upper bound, everything above this is "very slow"
AttackSlow=2
AttackAverage=1.5
AttackFast=1 // lower bound, everything below this is "very fast"

Like very slow -> values
Movement speed: 175 instead very slow.

Level 7
do you mean that, when you select a unit, the actual movement speed is shown and not only "very slow", "slow", etc..?
if that's what you mean, i'm 99% sure that it's impossible to do

if you want the significant marks (175, 220, ...) to be shown instead of (very slow, slow, ...), this should be possible
you "only" have to change some certain strings in a certain file in the war3.mpq
if i have time i will try to find out where exactly they are

Level 7
are you absolutely sure?
i've been playing dota for quite a long time and i've never seen that, not in dota not in any other map

Level 5
I suppose you could change the text in the Game Interface to make, say, Very Slow => 150. Then you would have units only be able to have 150 move speed, the speed for slow, average, fast, and very fast. That doesn't leave you with many options for movement speed, but that's the only way you could have the movement speed displayed.

Attachments

• GameInterface.PNG
    GameInterface.PNG
    20.9 KB · Views: 222
I suppose you could change the text in the Game Interface to make, say, Very Slow => 150. Then you would have units only be able to have 150 move speed, the speed for slow, average, fast, and very fast. That doesn't leave you with many options for movement speed, but that's the only way you could have the movement speed displayed.

^I was saying that to him, that it's possible without gameplay constants to know the movement speed of a unit.

Level 22
and what he mean is something that displays a text when you move your mouse cursor to unit's armor icon, it's displayed Move Speed: Very Slow/Slow/Average/Fast/Really Fast
what dota did is check unit's movement speed value
like if we type "-ms" at chat command, it'll displayed "522"
it's totally different thing
and also dota didn't change the displayed text (very slow/slow/etc) did they?

Status
Not open for further replies.