• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack Animation Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hello guys, i need help with the attack animation of one of my units. My unit has a attack animation that takes 1.667 seconds to complete, and we all know that increasing attack speed will also increase the animation speed of the attacks animations of that unit. My question, how do i keep the attack animation speed the same even if a increase the attack speed to maximum(400%). Note: i've already set the attack cooldown to 6.67 sec so even with 400% attack speed bonus the minimum attack interval would be 1.667 and its not working, the unit attakcs every 1.667 sec but the attack itself is super sped up.

Last edited:
Level 19
I don't think that's something you can change.

Do you really need a +400% attackspeed boost? Now that we have a function to change attack cooldown via trigger, I'd suggest you use it to change your units actual attackspeed without using speed modifiers, that way it won't affect animations.

Level 20
I don't think that's something you can change.

Do you really need a +400% attackspeed boost? Now that we have a function to change attack cooldown via trigger, I'd suggest you use it to change your units actual attackspeed without using speed modifiers, that way it won't affect animations.

its a boss unit, that i balance via triggers depending on the number of players in the game, so i set a constant (str, int, agi) * the number of players. What i end up doing was just setting its life and attack instead of its attributes. But thx anyway.

The intresting thing is, there's an ability called poison sting that have a "attack speed factor" field in it, and that slows animations, like movie slow motion haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.