• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attachment & Video Thumbnails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 48
...Are kind of weird and iffy. I don't quite remember how they worked in Hive 2.0/1.0 but I know they made more sense. Now small images become a hyper-zoomed mess with really bad compression, and non-square aspect ratio images in general look very funky:
unknown.png

unknown.png

While YouTube videos also seem to take up way too much space:
unknown.png

So much so that two videos back to back cause a scrollbar to appear on 1440p / QHD resolutions.
I think for starters both of those preview types should be made smaller overall. I'm not sure about a better solution for image attachments, I think maybe images smaller than the preview thumbnail could be kept whole (with some kind of border/indication for the thumbnail's edges), or the Hive 2.0 / 1.0 solution could be implemented (though again, admittedly I don't remember what that solution entailed).

Level 48
Attachment images:

Videos:
(bottom of the page)

Horizontal scroll bars also appear when you have too many large images in a row in a [STABLE], but I feel like that's more reasonable? Although perhaps there should be a limit to how much you can distend the horizontal aspect of a page, since the forum's width seems to be locked now rather than adjust to one's native resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.