• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attachment to constructed building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
  • Fire Pit
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Fire Pit
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the medium of (Constructed structure) using war3mapImported\TorchHumanOmni.mdx
i also tried using sprite, medium and large for attachment point. but still no luck.

the unit model is fire pit from doodads.

Level 16
Medium is an attachment point for structures. A firepit is classified as a doodad. Unfortunately doodads do not have attachement points.

What you need to do is import a custom firepit with an attachement point. You could even try your luck asking somebody to add an attachment point to the warcraft 3 firepit for you in the Request forums.

Edit: Was typing this when "Maker" posted his answer.

Level 9
i guess i can instead use create a attachment at a point right? but how can i put this on trigger and remove it if the building is destroyed? without creating leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.