• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Attachment Doesn't Fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I've got a problem with attachments on a unit. I'm using RPGChaosOrc (one of Tenebrae's awesome models) and I want to attach helmets and armors to him. It works when I attach weapons but for some reason when i attach a helmet it's above the head, and when attaching an armor it's just beneath the armpit. Ofcourse I use attachment points "head" or "chest" in this case but it still doesn't work. Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

Level 11
You can't play animations for attachments, they always play their stand animations.

Only way is to edit the attached model or the model that the item is attached to.

My armour sets only work, because of the fact that my models have about 23 custom attachmentpoints and the attachments were designed to fit them perfectly. If you can't model there is not much you can do :(

Level 11
Ok, I tested it. And it IS possible to play a specific animationset of an attachable in dependance of the modell it was attached to. That is quite usefull for my project. Cause now I can put both, male and female version of an armour piece into the same modell. And by the use of visibility in different animations I'll be able to shoe the correct version of the armour fitting to the model it was attached to.

+Rep for this information

Level 37
First convert the .mdx model to .mdl using the converter. Make a backup of the original file.

Open the .mdl with the vertex modifier. Click Edit -> select all. Click on the rightmost view and slide your mouse up/downwards. Save the file and convert it back to .mdx with the converter. Import it to your map for testing.

Attachments

• vertexmodify.zip
    80.3 KB · Views: 32
  • MdlxConv.zip
    151.3 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.