• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attachement point via Mdl Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have used the Mdlx converer, and converted a model into mdl, so that I have its text file. Then, I went through the attachement points, and I added this one (red is the one I added, white are the ones by default):

}
Attachment "Origin" {
ObjectId 20,
Parent 0,
}
Attachment "Hand Right" {
ObjectId 21,
Parent 7,
}
Attachment "Hand Left" {
ObjectId 22,
Parent 4,
}

Attachment "Head" {
ObjectId 23,
Parent 0,
}

The new attachement semi-works.

Problem 1) The first problem I didn't anticipate was the "Parent" part. I used the parent part of the origin, which, as you can see is the "0". Unfortunately, it attaches the special effects at the height of the chest. I changed the Parent to "8", since I checked some bones that refer to "Hair", but it still refers to the same height-point.

Problem 2) The Animation - Lock Head of (Triggering unit) to Unit doesn't work. It doesn't move the head at all. Any ideas how to fix this?

So, I want to add a fully functional "Head" attachement point.

Level 19
The Magos' Model Edit is kinda slow for me, that is why I avoided it. Anyway, I'll give it a try. As soon as the "head" attachement point scrolls in the model, I'm going to have the "Animation - Turn Head of (Unit) to face (Unit)" functional?

I'm pretty sure that this action does not depend on the attachment points but on bones or something like that since there is no way to edit this field and set anything else then chest or head

however it is very easy to create attachment points with the war3 model editor (even I can do that without any knowledge of modeling)

Status
Not open for further replies.