• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Assist-system, camera zoom out and repick system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Alright I need a little help with my map. I want assist-system like in DOTA when a Hero is killed so assisting friendly Heroes also gets half of the gold as the killing Hero gets. Secondly I need command for zooming out the camera and zoom in to normal again if you want. And final I need help to make players able to repick Hero at the start if they choose the wrong one and I only want 1 repick to be able per player and only for the first 1 min of the beginning... Players choose Heroes with Wisps by moving them to the circle of power in front the Hero they want.

Level 10
1) I think there is one system like that around Advanced Streak System v5.1.1.0
2) Add event for each player
  • Camera Commands
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Height Offset to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) over 0.00 seconds
3) I can't give you the last answer since it heavy sticks to the hero picking system and timing system. You can just add an array variable type boolean. When hero type -repick, chech if that player is allowed to repick or not. I.E:
  • IsRepick[ Player number of (Triggering Player) ] equal to true
  • GameTimeMinute Less than or equal to 60

Level 14
1) I think there is one system like that around Advanced Streak System v5.1.1.0
2) Add event for each player
  • Camera Commands
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Height Offset to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) over 0.00 seconds
3) I can't give you the last answer since it heavy sticks to the hero picking system and timing system. You can just add an array variable type boolean. When hero type -repick, chech if that player is allowed to repick or not. I.E:
  • IsRepick[ Player number of (Triggering Player) ] equal to true
  • GameTimeMinute Less than or equal to 60
Well these triggerings seems to be to advanced and hard for me to do it myself and I don't even dare try do it myself because I might fuck up the whole map :-/

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
For assists you need a damage detection system, a healing and a buff detection system. A hero counts as assisting another hero in a takedown if the victim died within a certain time frame of the assisting hero dealing damage or applying a debuff to it, or healing or buffing the killing hero.

Units are given two credits lists. Every time a friendly related event occurs you add the helper to the helped units friendly credit list. Every time a hostile related event occurs you add the aggressor to the victim's hostile credit list. They remain in their appropriate lists for a specified time frame, eg 15 seconds. When a unit dies a list of credits is drawn up from the victim's hostile credit list and from the friendly credit lists of all the entries in the victim's hostile credit list. This should be a set union, meaning no duplicate entries out. This credit list can then be used to award assists as it gets everyone who was directly or indirectly involved in the kill within the specified time frame.

Level 14
For assists you need a damage detection system, a healing and a buff detection system. A hero counts as assisting another hero in a takedown if the victim died within a certain time frame of the assisting hero dealing damage or applying a debuff to it, or healing or buffing the killing hero.

Units are given two credits lists. Every time a friendly related event occurs you add the helper to the helped units friendly credit list. Every time a hostile related event occurs you add the aggressor to the victim's hostile credit list. They remain in their appropriate lists for a specified time frame, eg 15 seconds. When a unit dies a list of credits is drawn up from the victim's hostile credit list and from the friendly credit lists of all the entries in the victim's hostile credit list. This should be a set union, meaning no duplicate entries out. This credit list can then be used to award assists as it gets everyone who was directly or indirectly involved in the kill within the specified time frame.
Sounds very complicated to make... I think I have a Damage Detection System in my map that I got from a spellpack but I'm not sure about healing and buff detection system :-/ Anyway it seems to be to hard for me to do by myself so maybe someone could try make it for me in my map?

Level 11
Sounds very complicated to make... I think I have a Damage Detection System in my map that I got from a spellpack but I'm not sure about healing and buff detection system :-/ Anyway it seems to be to hard for me to do by myself so maybe someone could try make it for me in my map?

Attachments

• PRIMITIVE ASSIST SYSTEM.w3x
    22.2 KB · Views: 38
Status
Not open for further replies.