• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Assigning data question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Most abilities have information like the following:

Gives a total of <Aamk,DataA1> points to Agility, Intelligence, and Strength

Clearly, the <info> part of that line references a very particular set of statistics from a particular spell. Is there a trigger-based way to assign, change, and/or override the original data in that location (such as Aamk, DataA1 in this example)? And if so, would these changes applies globally or to only individual players?

Thank you in advance for the response(s).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Is there a trigger-based way to assign, change, and/or override the original data in that location (such as Aamk, DataA1 in this example)? And if so, would these changes applies globally or to only individual players?

WRONG!!!!

<Aamk,DataA1>

seems
<Aamk,DataA1>

duh normal script open/closing

<Aamk,DataA1>

spell/unit/building/item/whatever raw code

<Aamk,DataA1>

type of data, level and row of the ability

u talk to a guy with lot of experience in slks (well realy average)

I am sorry, but how are these 2 related? I do not even see a single line relating to JASS in your answer... Please read before posting and especially before calling someone wrong.

In StarCraft II you can use the catalog natives to change some data fields on a player by player baisis.
In WarCraft III there are no such natives. The closest you can do is permantly research upgrades (you cannot unresearch) or change ability levels.

Level 5
I am sorry, but how are these 2 related? I do not even see a single line relating to JASS in your answer... Please read before posting and especially before calling someone wrong.

Well, I was asking if there is a JASS-BASED way to replace or redirect the field of the <spell, data> information. Something hypothetically like:

call SetInternalData (aakm, dataA2, 15)

However, and as I've found with the WC3 program, simply concept functions like trigger-setting a unit's maximum life are not supported:

call SetUnitState (hero_unit, UNIT_STATE_MAX_LIFE, 1500.00)

Something like that, I suppose, would make things much too easy.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You can write a custom function that raises maximum life using eithor tomes or an item ability bug. It does mean your unit's stats can mess up when undergoing chaos transformation but that even happens with normal tomes.

The item ability bug is that multi level item abilities that add a fixed amount of stats such as hitpoints do not level up correctly. They do however get removed correctly for the appropiate level meaning you can exploit this descrepancy to permantly gain hero statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.