• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Assault - Castle map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok this is an idea i decided to turn into a map, its a attack and defend type of map. If you ever played Unreal Tournament which is a first person shooter game, you might remember the game mode Assault which is one team is attacking a base and trying to complete objectives.

examples: press this switch or destroy this crystal.

While the other team defends these objectives for a certain amount of time, after the amount of time is up, example 20 minutes, the 2 teams switch roles so whoever was attacking is now defending, and the defenders are now attackers.
If however the attackers complete all the objectives in about 10 minutes for example, they still switch roles but the other team now has to finish the objectives in less then 10 minutes.

So I thought what about an RTS version of this game style, so in my map I have created a small castle with 4 objectives and its a 4v4 map were everyone has 1 "barracks (Melee)" that can upgrade into a "barracks (Ranged)" or a "station (Upgrade)" and vis-versa.

The map has quite a bit of teamwork sense upgrades take longer to complete then making guys, but will massing weak guys be a good idea against strong units. teamwork and strategy come into play :)

So what I want to know is what you think of the idea and if u have some advice for the map, im open for ideas. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.