• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Asking for a slightly more complex drive/transport system

DO you thing that idea is even interesting?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hi, I rarely request stuff, but I've been trying to do a system for a pet project of mine that I've been doing for some months in and out now, but with university recess I am trying to finally push it foward.

As I know some people will ask, the campaign is not an sci fi one, but something akin to spelljammer. You take your heroes and roam along realms, landing in various fantasy lands like Azeroth or Ravnica, recruiting people, levelling up, doing quests, all that jass. Until now I was trying to do it all by myself and failing miserably, so if I ever want to see it comming out of paper for real, I need to ask some help.

What I am asking is that:
-Certain ships can only move when theres a pilot (Unit in first slot of the transport), else they are stationary and neutral.
-To load the pilot in, you use an action button on said unit (Load in, command, wathever). Any unit can be a pilot, as long as it has that command button. (There will be no flying units with the button)

<Heres where I stopped and coundt get foward. My GUI triggers are wonky at best and based on an simple attempt to a system here on hive>

-You can have as many pilots commanding as many ships you want.

-you can load and unload units normally into the ships, including other pilot units. They dont help the pilot in any way, just are transported like in an vanilla wc3 game.

-If you try to unload te pilot in any way, the ship will unload every other unit you have inside so they dont get lost when the ship turns neutral.

Now theres another system I need, but it sounds a lot more complicated, so any hints of how to implemment it are welcome.

-A system that lets you click a button. When you do so, all the ships you have enter into a countdown and at the end of it, leave the map. They appear with their tripulation still loaded in in an "universe" map, where you can choose other planes to land on. When you land in, the same process happens, taking the ships and making then and their tripulation appear in it.

Also, thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.