• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Arugal, Worgen and Lore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello!

I've a lack of knowledge about Arugal and his worgens.
Actually, I know that Arugal summoned them and then the curse started to spread into Gilneas.

I would like to know how were Worgens just after their summon.
We can find a lot of "Worgen Tech Tree" on the site, but are they already "human like" ? Town hall, barracks, farm etc... Are they not savages ?

I want to do a little mission with them during TFT timeline. So, what should I do ? Savages Worgens or Gilnean Worgens ?

Give me your opinion :D

(sorry for some mistakes, not my first language)

Level 30
We can find a lot of "Worgen Tech Tree" on the site, but are they already "human like" ? Town hall, barracks, farm etc... Are they not savages ?

If we made a tech-tree of the first Worgen or the Feral Worgen (I like to call them like that) led by Alpha Prime, then it would look mostly like a tech-tree for normal Wolves. (Caves and Hideouts. Not like Gnolls who have huts)

------

I think the Nightbane Pack has connections to Arugal.

The "Wolfcult" is led by the Shade of Arugal. (Not to be confused with the "Wolf Cult" led by Alpha Prime)

Savage, definitely, maybe @MogulKahn can give u a great explanation about them!

Not only him, but Wikipedia has tons of Information.

Level 15
@stein123 <3

No offense mate, but it is kind of stupid question. You can clearly see that they are savages, from their first appearance in vanilla to Cataclysm. Reason why they were sent into Emerald Dream in the first place is because they couldn't be controlled. Also, Arugal tried to help Gilneas with summoning them to back off Scourge, but he also couldn't control them.

Playable Worgens are humans in the wolf form, pretty much. That is why they are more civilized. They regained control over themselves thanks to the Night Elves, but that is another story...

I also have to add that I am really confused with your project here. Savage Worgens were just bunch of werewolves fighting everything that comes near their sight. Just pack of humanoid wolves. It is pretty much impossible to make proper tech-tree for them.

Level 16
Well, thanks for your answers.

Indeed, they are savages. But I thought they were already controled by Arugal.

I will rework the concept of my map since I can't really create a tech tree.

Oh and yes, you can be confused @MogulKahn xD
If I wrote this thread, that was for good reasons lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.