• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Art(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
So.. Well, I'm new to the whole Art Section, and I made some drawings in Paint, so I was wondering, what do the experts think of this, and can this be actually called art? If so, mind leaving constructive criticism? It's mostly made of cubes, pyramids and cylinders. Comment! :p. I'll upload more later.

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Paint voor Moeder.jpg
    Paint voor Moeder.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Everything can be considered art, indeed. Though some art is more pleasing to one than the other. I don't like abstract artworks like these, and I find the quality (due to being made in Paint, I am sure) awful. I can't really put forth a lot of criticism, because abstractions ain't my area of expertise. I think you should stick to a tighter colour-scheme though, there are too many colours.

Level 19
Everything can be considered art, indeed. Though some art is more pleasing to one than the other. I don't like abstract artworks like these, and I find the quality (due to being made in Paint, I am sure) awful. I can't really put forth a lot of criticism, because abstractions ain't my area of expertise. I think you should stick to a tighter colour-scheme though, there are too many colours.

Hm, like, sometimes only dark colours, other times only lightful colours?

Level 19
A new work, :).
I've tried to work with less colours, and I think it came out pretty good. Once more, comment. :wink:

Might be the last work with Paint, perhaps I'll start to use GIMP.
Also, Nudl, I'd love to hear some bad points ..

Attachments

• paintwork.jpg
    paintwork.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.