• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Art - Model - Portrait missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello,
I recently downloaded a model, imported it in world editor, its portrait too but when i wanted to add the portrait to intended unit i couldn't find the option in world editor, can someone please tell me where can I find it?

Portrait models are found automatically. If you import a model named "FerociousWarrior.mdx", the portrait model should be named "FerociousWarrior_Portrait.mdx". In the game, Wc3 checks for two things to find the portrait:
(1) Does the model have a separate _Portrait model?
(2) Does the model have a portrait animation?

If either of those two conditions check out, it'll use them. Otherwise, it'll do weird things trying to make its own portrait (lol).

So it isn't actually an option. If your model is "war3mapImported\FerociousWarrior.mdx", then the portrait should be imported under "war3mapImported\FerociousWarrior_Portrait.mdx". That is all there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.