• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Arrow Key style movements are unaffected by pathing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So i have this fps map, and you can move how you want. Even though air and ground pathing blockers.
can someone figure out what i have done wrong with this map?
View attachment Gilded[Herald]Target.w3x
the unit moves using arrow keys to govern where he moves every .01 seconds.
the unit is a ground unit and even in the triggers, they don't allow the unit to move through places that have ground pathing off, but this trooper keeps going through.
helps would be appreciated.

sPy

sPy

Level 21
I didn't test it but:

1. Do your unit have locust? If yes, you should remove it.
2. Or your unit do not have collision (Which you have removed it by using triggers)

Edit: You could do something like this, just remove your locust. Though it's not completely bug free:
  • Eg1
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- If you don't want your unit to be selectable, you could do something like this. --------
      • -------- Please remember this only an example. --------
      • -------- We set your unit into a variable --------
      • Set Unit[1] = Trooper 0001 <gen>
      • Set Unit[2] = Trooper ? <gen>
      • Set Unit[3] = Trooper ? <gen>
      • Set Unit[4] = Trooper ? <gen>
      • Set Unit[5] = Trooper ? <gen>
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to Eg2 <gen> the event (Unit - Unit[(Integer A)] Is selected)
  • Eg2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Selection - Remove (Triggering unit) from selection for (Owner of (Triggering unit))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.