• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Army Builder (pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey all! I'm working on re-doing an old map I made long ago called Army Builder. The first time I made it (four years ago), I was just a 14 year old newbie with poor grammar making unpolished maps.
I've just recently gotten back into Wc3 (the announcement of Sc2 got me nostalgic) and I decided to remake my beloved Army Builder, but this time with the experience of a veteran mapper.

Here's a pic of some of the terrain.
armybuilderterrain.jpg

FULL IMAGE HERE

In this game, players are split into two opposing teams. They create an army with strategically chosen units and place them in one of two regions in their staging area: one for the front line of battle, and one for the back line.
Every three minutes, the units in the staging areas of each of the sides line up on a battlefield in four perfect lines facing eachother (two on each side), and the computer controls them as they charge cohesively and clash in the center. The last team to have surviving units on the battlefield wins the battle. The first team to win a certain number of battles (decided by the host) wins the game.

I'll update this when the map is done. I'm probably going to finish it pretty soon, I've got everything but some units done. After I complete the units I'll have to do some QA, so expect the "first" version out in about a week or two.

Level 2
Wow Scyth, you're really blunt.
I didn't leave mapping four years ago; I made the first build of this map four years ago. And although I haven't mapped in a little while, I'm quickly discovering that I haven't lost much.

On your unrelated comment pertaining to my signature, the word "expanse" is a noun.

Level 6
I was just a 14 year old newbie with poor grammar making unpolished maps.

I'm quickly discovering that I haven't lost much.
experience of a veteran mapper.

So you're first an unpolished map maker.
You leave for 4 years.
You come back and you haven't lost alot, so you didn't gain any skill.
Doesn't that mean you will be more of an unpolished map maker?

Level 2
Oh my lord.

Four years ago, I was bad at making maps. I have learned a lot. I did not leave for four years -- I made the first build of this map four years ago.

I was looking forward to becoming part of this community as I got back into mapping. But if the two who have replied are any indication of how the people here treat eachother at large, this place sucks.

I didn't mean to be unapologetically boastful. Sorry if that's how I came across. Whoever's fault it is, I'm bouncing.

Level 19
Don't flame, bub. You're going to get negative reputation which will eventually lead to the termination of your account, I'm trying to help, stop bitching or werewulf will come over here and straighten you out. Now, your map is original, but the terrain is very bad, ask somebody to help you with it, I could, or download some models to lighten it up.

Level 3
Holy hell, you guys have low IQ.

He made his first map, which is the first version of this map, four years ago. He then proceeded to learn more about map making and quit an unspecified amount of time in the past before returning to make this one that he is making now.

Also, I rather like the terrain. I think the arrangements of doodads is interesting.

Level 7
Listen to Scythe Master, even so you weren't exactly flaming, trying to defend yourself in any situtaion will result in you getting ganged up on and hated. Trust me, back on wc3sear.ch I got a horrible reputation. ===OnTopic=== Nice terrain, your doodad placement is very cool and I liek how it looks. GJ

Status
Not open for further replies.