• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aren't multiple WC3 versions required to play maps and campains causing you a headache?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Good day.

To be honest, I wouldn't make it much of an issue though I feel a little confused with it. Reforged, 1.31 (Pre-Reforged) and 1.27b... or some more. When I want to look for some good maps and campaigns to play, looking up which version it requires to play feels a bit problematic as I do not want to screw it up and find out I got a wrong version. I got a 1.31 version and it feels I cannot find much of good single-player campaigns to try out.

Please do not take this as a sort of rant, or rage. I am not angry, just confused. If you have any tips how to overcome this or any really good SP maps or campaigns I could try out made in Warcraft universe, let me know, thank you.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Sadly, there isn't any solution but to have various versions lying around since some maps break on some patches as some patches have new or totally different things changed to the game's code. 1.32+ versions have no custom campaign capabilities.
If only for ease of use, one custom .exe would open up a menu to all other version .exe files.

Read this post for more details: Warcraft III TFT Versioning Question - Which is "Best"?

Level 5
Well I would try using the Quenching Mod to play custom campaigns with reforged. Not all campaigns will be able to load but you can play some pretty decent ones that are available in the maps section of Hive.

Yeahhhhh

The whole theory behind Reforged was that it would support everything and be the major replacement for all versions going forward.

Then they decided to put that new menu on there that makes babies cry, and add the ability skin system that makes random internal game systems break, but only in custom maps, so that nobody can ever explain to a Blizzard developer exactly what's broken (since they broke so much stuff at once in so many obscure ways).

I made a 7 second video explaining the solution to a friend a few years ago, but the title is most of it. The actual video is just a clip of Gandalf staring at Bob Kotick.

Status
Not open for further replies.