• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ArcaneSanctum.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The skin is purely CnP and recolor. I don't know what made me do it. Maybe fatigueness or the cofee. But anyway, if you find this skin useful, give credits to me, Matmat01.

Set the skin's path to this buildings\human\arcanesanctum\arcanesanctum.blp

I hope you like it.

Update:
Fixed some minor problems and forgotten things.

Keywords:
arcane,sanctum,human,building,Matmat01
Contents

Naga Sanctum (Texture)

Reviews
17:11, 12th May 2009 THE_END: Though I do enjoy how this looks IMMENSELY...I will have to ask the other mods if we can approve this...this goes against rules so this might take some time approving a full CnP skin. Hawkwing: The moderation team has...

M

17:11, 12th May 2009
THE_END: Though I do enjoy how this looks IMMENSELY...I will have to ask the other mods if we can approve this...this goes against rules so this might take some time approving a full CnP skin.

Hawkwing: The moderation team has decided to reject this skin. It's not really a Naga Building at all. Honestly, it is essentially just a Sunken Ruins doodad in the form of an Arcane Sanctum. On a more important note, it's not incredibly useful - which is key to what we judge copy and paste work on.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
You all realize that pretty much nobody can or will ever try and give you naga reskins of human buildings done purely freehand.

So I suggest you enjoy what's given to you, and approve this.

This is part of the "When CnP turns awesome" series.

Level 38
*sigh*

Their is actually a naga tech tree of buildings in WC3, so I'm not sure exactly how useful this is. As for cnp one of the points brought up in defense of ridding this site of WoW models if the owner ever allowed them to be posted here was that it would flood the models section with a plethora of models that require little skill and time to post. Cnp doesn’t take much time either, It’s never taken me longer than 3 hours to do a good cnp job on a skin, and with the solid edges of this skin warping and skewing the copied elements doesn’t even have to be done. Because the skin allows for multiple “planets” to be floating above it I say at least freehand something on those and differentiate them a bit, Make some cracks in the stone globes, add runes, make them look like planets, or change the alpha channels to make it look like moss is hanging off them - clean smooth stone globes don’t say sunken ruins to me. The obelisks don’t match up on the top the same way the doodads do, if your going to cnp you might as well make it fit in and work with whatever your using cnp off of. If you put more time and effort into this I don’t have a problem with it being approved, but as is there is much room for improvement.

As for useful cnp skins I’d find terrain sets, such as the terrain in which 16 tiles are randomly generated when being placed as more conducive for cnp, by copping and pasting the randomly generated tiles you can take the random generation out of tile placement, allowing for 16+ tiles to choose for. Very useful when creating interior environments with solid edges. Re-skinning the ruins naga staircase to appear as a garden verity wooden staircase is also useful, as it can be used a great deal of times and re-scaled to be used virtually any ware. The point I’m trying to make here is there are plenty of cnp skins that can be useful, and possibly more useful than this skin. If your trying to get it approved, make it as awesome as possible.

Level 15
Sweetish. I like it. Although i do think that the ball things could use a bit of work. They are to simple. But other then that, i think that it is very useful.

Level 3
I think it could be quite useful. CnP may be against the rules but there should be some acceptions. but as 67chrome said... I recon you should fix your balls *ahem* and maybe throw up some vines on the obelisks. I recon it's a cool skin and if it were up to me I'd approve. good luck.