• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Arcane Vortex 1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Zeatherann Presents:

An Anthro-Vixen Games' Spell

Arcane Vortex v1.0

Description

The caster focuses their energies onto a target area causing spirals of energy to form around the area and spiral inward to the center, dealing light to moderate damage to nearby units.

Data
  • 25 + 25 per level damage.
  • 2 + level spirals.
  • Unit damaged once per spiral.
  • Nearly everything changeable in AV_CONSTANTS function at the top of Arcane Vortex trigger.
How to import
  1. Copy the trigger folder 'Arcane Vortex' (Not The Trigger Arcane Vortex).
  2. Create udg_AV_Hash (Hashtable) global.
  3. Change the constants to fit your needs and map.
  4. Done!
  5. (Optional): Copy over the dummy unit, or make your own as the spell needs one.

<1.0>
  • Spell Uploaded!
Note: This spell can look really cool, really fail, or really funny depending on what constant data you use. Believe me i messed with them a lot to get a laugh.

Keywords:
arcane, vortex, arcane vortex, aoe, area of effect
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected. 09:56, 12th Aug 2011 Bribe: Your AV_CONSTANTS should be normal variables. Don't abuse hashtables just to have fewer global variables. If they are constant, use constant functions to...

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected.

09:56, 12th Aug 2011
Bribe:

Your AV_CONSTANTS should be normal variables. Don't abuse hashtables just to have fewer global variables. If they are constant, use constant functions to return integers/reals and strings then use variables to store things like unit groups, locations, etc.

What you're doing now using hashtables like this is like taking a bus to cross the street.

You should also combine your two triggers into one to make this easier to import. JASS lets you do that. And don't use TriggerRegisterTimerEvent, use actual timers for this. It looks like you're too new to JASS to really realize how much you can do with it.

I recommend sticking with GUI if you're more comfortable with GUI, practicing in JASS, because this is far from approvable in its current state.

MADAWC; Thanks so much i knew i left something out of the description! I don't have War3 with me right now, but later today i can do it, along with an update to fix the Timer issue and condense it to one trigger, which btw is enough of a mistake to get this rejected apparently.

Bugz; That's my banner for my resources and it keeps my descriptions from being bland as i'm still learning about screenshots in the description without taking up too much room on my profile page. And because Youtube sucks so i won't post vids.