• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcane Explosion - Trigger/Jass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Not 100% sure I'm posting this in the right place.

I am trying to create a skill for a hero, this skill cause an explosion of mana in an AOE of the hero when his mana runs out. Also i want this skill to trigger on a Percent based chance. Not only that(sorry for how much i need ) Damage, AOE scaleable by stats, and finally percent chance increase when another skill is learned.

Help or even pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Level 3
mainly requesting it. though i would like to learn how to do it myself as well. though i can learn by how others do it. this is a really complicated spell set im trying to make x.x

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Do you just mean something like this? If so I could do it

Description:
Run a periodic event for 0.03 or 0.01 seconds. Make a unit group and fill it with all the units you want to check. Check if their mana is <=1. If so, set their mana to 2 (so it wont trigger again), make another unit group of all enemies in x AoE of that unit, and cause damage. Destroy the unit groups. Refer to stats when necessary.

For percent just add a random number check.

Level 3
Generally yes. though i want the skill to be compatible with 3 others at the same time. Cause i have 2 other skills that affect this arcane explosion of mine. I have Spell blade mastery that increases the chance to activate this skill and increases the knockback range. A skill that changes the passive to an active so that it can be casted willingly and finally a skill that when another skill called Mastery of the arcane and divine give his skill the ability to activate arcane explosion multiple times at the end of a a taunt like skill. also the passive version of this skill does have a cooldown time.

Mainly i can create the base stuff myself but i could not set that entire thing up.

Last edited:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Is this what you want? There's a 15 second cooldown on this; you can change or remove if you want.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?e77xrgxiwxmhrp4

edit: Ah, I just saw in your last post.. did you want a knockback? You didn't say in the opening post
Arcane Explosion
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Set TempGroup = (Units of type Blood Mage)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • DisableExplosion[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] Equal to False
            • (Mana of (Picked unit)) Less than or equal to 1.00
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Set mana of (Picked unit) to 2.00
              • If - Conditions
                • (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to (33.00 + ((Real((Level of |cffd400f9Mystical Talent|r for (Picked unit)))) x 10.00))
              • Then - Actions
                • Set DisableExplosion[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] = True
                • Countdown Timer - Start CooldownTimers[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 15.00 seconds
                • Set TempUnit = (Picked unit)
                • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
                • Set TempGroup2 = (Units within (300.00 + (300.00 x ((Square root((Real((Intelligence of (Picked unit) (Include bonuses)))))) / 100.00))) of TempPoint matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Picked unit))) Equal to True))
                • Set SpellDamage = (220.00 + ((Max mana of (Picked unit)) x 0.10))
                • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Units\NightElf\Wisp\WispExplode.mdl
                • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
                • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup2 and do (Actions)
                  • Loop - Actions
                    • Unit - Cause TempUnit to damage (Picked unit), dealing SpellDamage damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
                    • Set TempUnit = (Picked unit)
                    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Starfall\StarfallTarget.mdl
                    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
              • Else - Actions
                • Do nothing
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup2)
Arcane Explosion Cooldown
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • (Remaining time for CooldownTimers[(Integer A)]) Equal to 0.00
          • Then - Actions
            • Set DisableExplosion[(Integer A)] = False
          • Else - Actions
            • Do nothing
Initiation
  • Initiation
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to Arcane Explosion Cooldown <gen> the event (Time - CooldownTimers[(Integer A)] expires)

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

If you do it with the base spell, the AoE won't change with stats unless you make tons of levels. For the stun, make a dummy unit with a no-animation storm bolt and have it cast it on all of the units.

Level 3
hmm i thought there was a AoE spell that already did a stun that you selected the area. Ill have to take a look for that one. I myself still haven't learned how to properly set up a dummy unit. The stun i decided at last minute to add in there because it made since for the spell i am making.

Edge you should also NEVER use Do Nothing in a trigger.

Last edited:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

I do a dummy unit by creating a unit with none.MDL model file, 0.01 scaling size, disabled attack, no shadow, invulnerability, and locust + the ability you want. I then create it and order it to use the ability, and add an expiration timer of 1-2 seconds. The ability should be 0 mana cost, 9999 range.

BTW: There's debate on whether do nothing helps: http://www.thehelper.net/threads/dealing-physical-damage-aoe-with-spell-trigger.112892/
Defiance, for one says it does.
It's added to GUI for a reason... GUI doesn't clean itself up, i've done tons of memory editing tests, if you leave open ended triggers your gonna end up having a map that starts to lag after being played for a hour.
you can remove it if you want though

Level 3
hmmm edge if you could revise your code so that is into account the dummy units spell stunning them i would love that. cause i cant seem to do it right

Status
Not open for further replies.