• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arathor 1.36

Arathor - 4v4
16 gold mines
2 marketplaces
2 goblin merchants
2 cityscape merc camps
2 taverns

2 red camps
20 orange camps
12 green camps
Three way map with non-bliz bridges. In spirit of arathi basin there are no zeppelins for heroes to fly with.

full

full

v.1.1
-golem camp rework, easier to aow creep, also drops lvl 2 tome

v.1.2
-blacksmith removed

v1.36
-aded red camp
-added cityscape merc camp
-moved one expo closer
Contents

Arathor 1.36 (Map)

Reviews
mafe
So, by now I have actually played Arathor on w3c a few. I didnt notice anything that I would say needs to be changed or improved. As iirc I already mentioned in discord, the map really nails the Arathi Basin look from wow. -Overall at first glance the...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
So, by now I have actually played Arathor on w3c a few. I didnt notice anything that I would say needs to be changed or improved. As iirc I already mentioned in discord, the map really nails the Arathi Basin look from wow.
-Overall at first glance the map is somewhat unspectacular, with all the basics being done right. There isnt an obvious standoud feature, but it seems that in the lategame the game will often be decided by whoever manages to occupy the middle, which has interesting strategic implication, similar to Murgul Oasis only among the 4v4 maps.
-There really arent many creeps, only 4 camps (of which most orange ones dont even give too much exp). I wont count the creeps on all 4v4 maps, but I wouldnt be surprised if it has the lowest amount of experience of all current 4v4 maps. On second thought, maybe this could be called a standout feature.
-Also no two starting position on each team are the same, but imo in practice it wont make much of a difference.
-Having lvl 2 charged items drop from lvl 6 creeps is unusual and feels a little underwhelming as a reward. For 1v1 I wouldnt recommend this, but here on a 4v4 maps it's not an issue.
-I would like to have a shredder available for convenience, but it's no must-have. Maybe labs could be nicely placed at the central Murgul/Murloc spot, so that the middle would also be more relevant early on?
-For non-4v4 gameplay, the creeps at the yellow starting position are still missing the lvl 2 powerup ;)

That's all for now. Map approved.

Also, ofc official congratulations for getting the map into the wc3 map pool :=)

Level 13
Thanks mafe! Good stuff again. Lvl 6 golem is kinda special thing because it has so low max health. Shredder would be nice but I think its cool that heroes always has to cross bridges here to advance. I'll try to remember the tome next time