• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoE Curse Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've wasted an annoying amount of my spare time today trying to import a spell and failing to the point of frustration so I figured I'd just make a much less flashy version of it instead but I'm failing at this too.

All I need is a ground target hero spell that launches a ball of light (like Faerie Dragon missile) and explodes (like the Disenchant effect) causing an aoe Curse debuff to make enemies in an aoe miss some attacks for a minute. I tried using Curse as a base (because I don't understand how else to set the Curse miss % for hero levels), but I can't get the aoe or the missile effects to work correctly. I also don't know how to make it not auto-castable.

Attaching the spell below, anyone tell me how I can fix this? I love making levels but I'm about ready to rage quit on spell making altogether until reforged.

Attachments

• AoECurse.png
    AoECurse.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 72
Level 24
First and foremost warcraft 3 abilities are hard-coded, curse is single target regardless of how much you add to the data field "AOE", additional from my experience no amount of tears or hours spent begging will change this with the editor. (I'VE TRIED)

I am more than happy to complete your request, but for in future dealings with the editor and it's wonderland logic I would highly recommend you peruse this tutorial on the matter as "Multi-Target / AOE" single target abilities, the tutorial I've linked in particular has the subject on AOE Sleep so we need only change it to curse!

Note you want to have a missile leading to the end result instead of an instant effect so additional steps are needed, however teaching you to at least fish will help in the long run.

I will try and get this done later today!

Level 7
Oh man Devalut time and time again you are a lifesaver! That tutorial is answering so many questions Ive been struggling with!

And if you get a chance to make the spell that would be awesome! I’ve been calling the ability Blinding Light because it’s used by a Holy Magistar who burns and blinds heretics with holy text

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.