• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slow Spell With AOE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
who can make this spell for me?
400 aoe
when hero or unit go to this aoe be slow
i need 1 aoe slower lvl like acid spray (alchemist in dota) but i need slower!!!
:vw_wtf:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
there are to ways i know how to do it. i i dont know if its MUI but i think it is

way 1:
  • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 400.00 of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of Dummy) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Picked unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
way 2
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 400.00 of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Set (Picked unit) movement speed to 150.00
EDIT fixed unitgroup leak and use point variable insted of point of triggering unit.

Last edited:
Level 2
see acid spray of alchemist in dota.
in 400 AOE all Be Slow when be there or come to there from 400 yard i need it

like 1 circle and who come in it be slow

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • Ability being cast Equal to YourSpell
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy at Target Point of Ability being cast facing Orientation Building per Default Degrees.
    • Unit - Add SlowAura to Last Created Unit.
    • Unit - Set level of SlowAura for Last Created Unit to level of YourSpell for Triggering Unit.
    • Unit - Add a XX(SpellDuration) Generic expiration timer to Last Created Unit.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
sure if you dont get how i will make it for you. but please learn from it just dont copy paste.

• cast ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Slow AOE
    • Actions
      • Set Temppoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set caster = (Casting unit)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 400.00 of Temppoint) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Owner of (Picked unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of caster)) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of caster) at Temppoint facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Picked unit)
              • Unit - Make (Last created unit) Invulnerable
              • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)

NOTE the duration,slow data range and stuff need to be changed in the object editor. i know its not good but its more simple and wasier for you to learn

Attachments

• AOE slow ability request.w3x
    17.7 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.