• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] AoE ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi there.

Currently, i'm in need of help for making an AoE spell.

Description:

Caster casts the ability, everyone within 500 AoE gets stunned (war stomp). However, units who are situated 300 units away from the 500 AoE gets sucked towards the caster and will have a reduction in attack speed and movement.

Question:

The 500 AoE thing is easy to do, so i have no problems with that. The only problem however, i can't think of a way on how to affect those who are 300 units away from the 500 AoE....hmm, does it have something to do with offset?

And also, how do i trigger an effect where enemies get sucked closer to the caster?

Thanks in advance.

Level 18
Set all units in 500 range to a Unit Group Variable (e.g. 500Group). Then pick every unit in 800 range (500+300) and set them to another Unit Group Variable (e.g. 800Group). Now remove all units in 500Group from the units in 800Group and the units in 800Group are the ones 300 outside of the 500 range.

There's a Black Hole spell in the Spells Section that does this. You just have to check it out to make the triggers yourself or adjust it by removing the Black Hole model and effects.

Level 4
Hi there!

Thanks for your reply. But if i remember correctly, the Black Hole spell makes the targetted units REVOLVE around the caster, does it not? (if you mean the Black Hole from DoTA, then i'd get it)

EDIT: I'm asking because i never really know or understand how to move a unit slowly over a point instead of instantly.

Last edited:
Level 6
You could try this:

1: Create a new spell based on "Silence"
2: Set the ability info (durration of stun = durration, Aoe, remove the "Blocked attacks - spells" and set it to none)
3: Create a new buff for the spell, set the icons and so on...

Trigger...
1: Create a new trigger like this:
(and variable "SpecialEffect" as an Special Effect)

Event
Unit - A Unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
Ability - Ability beeing cast equal to <Aoe Stun>
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit (units within 300 of(ability beeing cast)) and do actions
- Unit - Pause (Picked unit)
- Special Effect - Create a special effect on the overhead of picked unit using (stun effect)
- Set SpecialEffect - Last created special effect
Unit - Cause (Casting Unit) to damage point (position of(ability beeing cast)) dealing <your wanted damage> in an <area>
Wait - Wait <durration of the spell>
Unit Group - Pick every unit (units within 300 of(ability beeing cast)) and do actions
Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)
Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffect

Well, I havent really tested that, but it should work ^^

Level 4
Something like this i assume?

BLAH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.