• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyone with 3d Max experience that can take a look at my model real quick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I need help unwrapping it, when I modeled it I used the symmetry modifier so when I started unwrapping one side I thought it would do it for both but it only did for one side and don't want to do the other side all over again. Anyone that can help me real quick? Thanks

Attachments

• needhelp.rar
    48.7 KB · Views: 19
Level 7
So I'll try to explain as best I can, maybe someone can help by looking at the pix.

I modeled this guy using the symmetry modifier so when I got done with him and I started unwrapping him I thought the UV would apply to the symmetry too but it didn't so now I have a half skinned model and have no idea of how to mirror it to the other side.
rXFRdjF.jpg

I have tried deleting the symmetry but it screws up the unwrap of the orignal, so I thought I would delete it anyways and then just load the map again but that doesn't work either.
Is there any other way around this other than doing it all over again?

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
This is a peculiar (and annoying) quirk of Max that's in all versions that I've used.

How to avoid it in the future: Right click on the Unwrap UV modifier in the stack and select Collapse To.

If you have an Unwrap UV modifier on the object, you'll have to do this every time you add or remove polygons (moving, rotating and scaling are fine).

Status
Not open for further replies.