• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

problem with UVW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
im helping someone on the site unwrap their model and texture it for them, their model is completely symmetrical and i successfully unwrapped half of their model. the problem im having is trying to get the already unwrapped and textured side mirrored to the other. i cant seem to figure it out, its probably something simple that i over looked; im using 3ds max 5. any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks for your time.

~blaze

Level 9
Delete the half that you haven't warpped yet and duplicate the already made half on the x. Then merge the two meshes and connect their vertcies. Note that if you want the other half uvs to be a mirror of the already made half, before merging the two meshes just scale the new one uvs on the x.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Delete the half that you haven't warpped yet and duplicate the already made half on the x. Then merge the two meshes and connect their vertcies. Note that if you want the other half uvs to be a mirror of the already made half, before merging the two meshes just scale the new one uvs on the x.

or you could delete one half and just apply a symmetry modifier :). faster and easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.